LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching H/C combo's and I'm looking for some input on whether they will reach my goals.

Info:
-06 A4
-Looking to get around 425ish (or more) HP/TQ with mild manners and it will be my primary car/DD.
-I would really like to have good mid range numbers, this car will probably not go to the track. (maybe a few times). I do a fair amount of traffic and mountain driving.

I have:
Kook's 1 3/4 LT's (from my 04)
and about 2500-3k to spend.

I was thinking about this:
(keep in mind I do not understand the workings CAM's like a pro.)

Patriot LS6 Heads (stage 2) or other suggestions in this price range.

With one of these: (stolen from peoples sigs that had numbers and setups I though going to be similar to my goals)

224/224 .581/.581 112 LSA
228/228 .588/.588 112 LSA
228/230 .571/.573 112 LSA

What do you guys think? Am I on the right track? Thought's and suggestions would be much appreciated!

Kelly

·
Its not a real hemi
902 Posts
Im pretty sure it will, but just to be positive I would contact Ed at flowtech.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Flowtech...Ed

<-----------------------------------------to your left!

:)

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
dont mess around, dont worry, call Ed.
Make sure you have a good tuner lined up as well.

·
Kahuna Bill
726 Posts
Yeah, what you listed looks good. Great thing with heads.....you actually get the full benefit of the cam. And you dont need as big a cam to achieve your goals. I'd suggest a milder cam for your application.....stay in the 224 range and maybe go 114 lsa. Oh, and you might look into a converter first since you have an A4

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Redrum said:
Yeah, what you listed looks good. Great thing with heads.....you actually get the full benefit of the cam. And you don't need as big a cam to achieve your goals. I'd suggest a milder cam for your application.....stay in the 224 range and maybe go 114 lsa. Oh, and you might look into a converter first since you have an A4
Ahh that is good to know, I was worried about some of the larger cam only setups, not saying that the drive-ability isnt good. (as I don't really know first hand) but from the people I have talked too, when you get into the high-lift long-duration cams you do sacrifice a little to get the good power.

I was also under the impression that a converter was for the folks that go to the track and do a lot of racing from a dig. Is there other benefits from a converter other than off the line?

Kelly

·
Registered
931 Posts
If you run a large cam your idle will also be higher so with the stock converter it will be pulling against the brake during stop and go driving. Also you get some shift extension with the converter meaning when you shift into the next gear your rpm's will come in a little higher.

·
Kahuna Bill
726 Posts
BCNUL8R said:
If you run a large cam your idle will also be higher so with the stock converter it will be pulling against the brake during stop and go driving. Also you get some shift extension with the converter meaning when you shift into the next gear your rpm's will come in a little higher.
:mswerd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts