LS1GTO Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Rebuild the driveshaft or get a new one
The flex joints are good but the carrier is JUNK. We have the Voodoo Chicken one here to replace it. We are doing an ac compressor, expansion valve and receiver/drier on it today. We're also doing an evacuation and recharge on my S10 Xtreme today. If we have enough time then we'll do the carrier. I was hoping to wait until we do the clutch but it probably won't wait.

·
Worthless reject member
46,879 Posts
The flex joints are good but the carrier is JUNK. We have the Voodoo Chicken one here to replace it. We are doing an ac compressor, expansion valve and receiver/drier on it today. We're also doing an evacuation and recharge on my S10 Xtreme today. If we have enough time then we'll do the carrier. I was hoping to wait until we do the clutch but it probably won't wait.
carrier is easy to replace.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,478 Posts
Tie rod ends and ball joints? Or maybe get new control arms with bushings/ball joints already installed
This is the way to do it.

·
12,478 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
The main reason I didn't get new ones is that I felt like I was already spending a lot on all the other stuff I ordered at the same time, and I have a press so I'll just tough it out and reuse the old ones. Painting mine probably made it not worth it time wise but if I'd forgone that then it might have been a no brainer at least in my case.

·
12,478 Posts
People paying that much for arms?

Bushings+balljoint ~$160
New control arms ~$330
I didn't pay anywhere near $330 for mine. It was around $230 or so. Sold the stockers for $50 as cores.

·
12,478 Posts
that would make sense then. not sure where you bought them but thats the listed price from Kollar
I most likely scooped them on eBay. I tend to get most of my parts off there. It's where I picked up a Timken front wheel bearing for $18 shipped because no bidders and no reserve.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I just got a hold of Andy @ Kollar Racing and told him that I wanted every bushing, ball joint and tie rod. I'm so stinking busy that it'll be weeks before I can get this done...

·
Worthless reject member
46,879 Posts
I most likely scooped them on eBay. I tend to get most of my parts off there. It's where I picked up a Timken front wheel bearing for $18 shipped because no bidders and no reserve.
it's odd gto parts on auction don't tend to go for much, or gen iii ls parts unless it's something everybody and his brother wants

21 - 35 of 35 Posts