LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know a strong way to brace the control arm after it is notched? I am trying to be as safe as possible. I am mini tubbing, and I am trying to fit my widened stock wheels (17x11) with 315/35/17 mickey thompson et street SS tires.

Looking for people that have notched control arms and have had success with their high HP builds.

Thank you

·
Registered
70 Posts
Obligatory check with GeForce reply. I'm sure they will send you their info about how they do it. Or you could send your arms in and have them do it, but seeing your other threads, it looks like you're trying to do everything yourself for cheaper than that so ?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Depends on how it was cut. If you managed to do a decent circle, having a piece of pipe the same diameter could fit it. Then just cut the excess. Or simply fab up a piece that fits.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up finding someone that chops the arms professionally on instagram. He gave me advice on how to cut them thin enough, but still have enough strength. They turned out really well!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The red lines shows that the 1/4" plate support looks like inside the arm behind the 1/8" faceplate. So basically in the thinest section, it is .5" thick of solid steel.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And i did it all in the car without using a jig. So it's an option if you are a DIY welder and want a fat wheel. This easily clears the 315/50/17 MT ss tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts