LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my buddy's dad looking into what he can get for the grilles, his price is 10% above cost, so if its worth it (being that the markup could be 200% or 20%) i'll let you guys know and then you'll have to find anyone you know that works for GM to get them for you! P.S. i asked him aobut how many he could get me, and he said it would be strange for him to buy alot of them.

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
i got my buddy's dad looking into what he can get for the grilles, his price is 10% above cost, so if its worth it (being that the markup could be 200% or 20%) i'll let you guys know and then you'll have to find anyone you know that works for GM to get them for you! P.S. i asked him aobut how many he could get me, and he said it would be strange for him to buy alot of them.
Dealer cost" is $188.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I believe when i checked on dealer "at cost" price vs GMpartsdirect they are very close of GMpartsdirect is slightly cheaper.

I'm gonna check with my parts guy to see how much i can get one for, that does look great. Alittle bit of "mean" for the goats smile.

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
I need one ASAP. Can anyone PM me with a source?

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
Our local dealership from who we obtain parts told us that the $188 price is their cost. We've known the parts man. and the dealership owner for quite a long while and they wouldn't mislead us. In fact, they told us to buy the grilles from GM Parts Direct because they couldn't afford to sell them to us at cost.

I'll be surprised if your friend's dad can get them any cheaper.

Alan

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well how i figure it, even if 188 is cost, he can get them 10% over, which would be 18.80 extra, thats still cheaper then 35 in shipping... so ill be comming out ahead.....

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
well how i figure it, even if 188 is cost, he can get them 10% over, which would be 18.80 extra, thats still cheaper then 35 in shipping... so ill be comming out ahead.....
That's true....you'll still come out ahead. But ONLY you. Won't really help anyone else.

Alan

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im sorry, well i still havent heard from him yet, so maybe he might not be able to get a good price, but if he can, ill beg and plead with him to see how many sets i could get and i would off them for the exact same price i paid..... but i shoud find out tonight

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I'd like to see an IBM car with them physically done (no photoshopping) before I do them.

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
I'd like to see an IBM car with them physically done (no photoshopping) before I do them.
Me too! I think I heard in another post somebody with an impulse blue was getting a set...

EDIT:
okay, it looks like impulseblue_GTO (steve) ordered his last week, and GTPprix (chris) should have his by now... so hopefully we will have pics soon on an IBM and Cosmos!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
BowdawG said:
Me too! I think I heard in another post somebody with an impulse blue was getting a set...
me three

·
HSV GTO
762 Posts
as soon as i get mine i will take pictures.I ordered them sat so order went in yesterday so im hoping they will be here by the end of the week.

steve

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, got the answer! heres the deal, 188 is the dealer cost, and i get 10% over cost and sales tax, soo in reality depending on where you live, 35 in shipping might be cheaper then 10% and tax, im just going to go with my buddies dad cause he already ordered them for me, but either way would work out to be the same.... sorry to get all of your hopes up! ill post pics when i get them!

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there comming monday! should be on by monday night! and all will see on the 9th at the chi town meet! ill also try to get pics for the rest to see on an IBM.

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
That's what you can buy them for, I'm sure this is not their cost.
Yes, that's COST, it's my dealership. GM Partsdirect sells 99% of their items at cost as well, and makes their money in their inflated shipping and handling. Cost is $188.

·
HSV GTO
762 Posts
I just installed my autocross grills, here are some pics

hope you like them i think it looks awsome they should be like this from the factory.

steve :hail:

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
So uh where did you get one of license plates from? :) BTW grills are HOT!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts