LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wall: Hey guys,
I currently have a 2004 Nissan 350Z Daytona Blue. I am interested in trading for a 2004 Pontiac GTO, 6 Speed, and Torrid Red. But the question I am curious about is going with either Red Interior or Black Interior. I have yet to see a GTO in person up close. I am interested to see a comparision of amateur pictures of a Torrid Red GTO with Red Interior vs Black.

Thanks soo much for your help! :wall:

·
Happily paid my guzzler tax
51 Posts
rhwd2003 said:
Anybody here relate to going from a 350Z to a GTO?
I have recently traded a 350z for a GTO. The Gto is truly superior in all areas, mainly comfort. Well, maybe the gas milage isn't as good. But the interior is really what impressed me about the GTO. I drove a 44,000.00 BMW 330ci that the interior was nice in, but the 10,000.00 diff just didn't justify itself. Plus I got the rebate, and 2.9% for 60 mos. Mine is TR with blk interior. A4, tired of shifting.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
rhwd2003 said:
:wall: Hey guys,
I currently have a 2004 Nissan 350Z Daytona Blue. I am interested in trading for a 2004 Pontiac GTO, 6 Speed, and Torrid Red. But the question I am curious about is going with either Red Interior or Black Interior. I have yet to see a GTO in person up close. I am interested to see a comparision of amateur pictures of a Torrid Red GTO with Red Interior vs Black.

Thanks soo much for your help! :wall:
once you see it up close and test drive it..........its over.........get out your wallet. :gr_jest: :cool: :hail:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Go with the GTO

Dbluegoat said:
once you see it up close and test drive it..........its over.........get out your wallet. :gr_jest: :cool: :hail:

You'll love the GTO; and you can get good prices now. I bought mine for $27,500 in purple, and got the 2.9% for 5 years, plus 2 free oil changes! good luck.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Try to sell your car first before trading it in. You will be lucky to get Kelley Blue Book wholesale for your car. At least put in the paper asking for the Private Party Price for a few weeks before trading in. You should get at least an extra couple grand that way. That's enough to knock about $35 off your monthly payment (assuming 60 mos at 2.9).

Plus, it's so much easier to buy a car than to do a trade and purchase. Some finance guys will really try to flip you around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We'll I have seen a GMS price of $26,345. After rebates and everything, has anybody seen anything cheaper then this?

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
That will be about the best you'll get currently. Trade in's will also depend on whether or not your own the 350Z and if you're upside-down on the trade-in.

Sometimes it's better to trade it in if you can't sell it third party. It will get you out from under it plus into the GTO. The 350Z looks nice not it's not rare like the GTO. :secret:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We'll if I get one, which I am trying to get some quotes from here locally.

What are some first mods everybody has done here? Intakes? I have a CAI on my 350Z currently. Also what kind of performance at the drag strip can I expect from the 6speed model. I currently have ran my 350Z at the local track and my best was 13.9 in the 1/4.

Thanks! :bomb:

·
silver gto
22 Posts
Red on Black are CLASSIC color combinations IMO. Red on Red is too much for me....I'm more conservative. No offense to you red on red's

This is the question you must asked youryself when choosing a color combination....Can you live and enjoy that color everyday when you drive or get in your car every morning??? KINDA A LIKE A GIRLFRIEND WHO WILL BE YOUR FUTURE WIFE. HEHE.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Silver GTO
Houston, TX

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
I Saw A Impulse Blue Gto With Blue Leather, Looked Really Sweet, Wish I Would Of Been Able To Find One. Had To Settle For The Black Interior

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
rhwd2003 said:
Yeah, I have my Daytona Blue 350Z. If I go to a GTO I think i would want it in Red.
I ordered my red on red and there's not that many of them around. Their just as scarce (and rare) as the Cosmos Purple GTO's. :hail:

·
Registered
30 Posts
My wife is probably getting an '05 GTO or a 350Z

The fact that it's a two seater may keep her from goin' with the Nissan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, well you can buy mine used. 2004 Daytona Blue with 8k miles. I tell you what I think this is the best price residual car I have seen on these 350z's. They are offering me very very close to what I owe. Which is awesome!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts