LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking to buy a 2004 and see all kinds of low ball prices but have yet to have a dealer offer below $30K less rebate. I would like to buy at below GMS pricing less rebates. Any suggestions of honest dealers to call.
thx
JOHN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
What part of the country?
:drink::drink:
 

·
Big Daddy Says
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
giant shrimp.... awful good..... but seriously... where do you live John?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GTO4Ever said:
giant shrimp.... awful good..... but seriously... where do you live John?
I live in Walnut Creek, California (part of the San Francisco Bay Area), if that helps.

thx

JOHN
 

·
Big Daddy Says
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
sporttahoe said:
I live in Walnut Creek, California (part of the San Francisco Bay Area), if that helps.

thx

JOHN
i have friends in Daniville, Benicia and Walnut Creek, i'll ask them about dealers in the area,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have serached gmbuypower.com and founds lots of GTO's for sale but none of the replies has come close to a below invoice offer. Given that there are so many unsold 2004's and 2005's on the way I would think dealers would be selling at GMS less holdback just to get rid of them.
 

·
Big Daddy Says
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
have you looked down south here in the LA area? got a smokin deal on mine...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GTO4Ever said:
have you looked down south here in the LA area? got a smokin deal on mine...
Who did you buy from....can you message me or post a contact. thx JOHN
 

·
gto 'spellcheck' er
Joined
·
141 Posts
I would apprecaite that information also. Thanks so much..
 

·
Enjoy the trolls
Joined
·
2,548 Posts
sporttahoe said:
I live in Walnut Creek, California (part of the San Francisco Bay Area), if that helps.

thx

JOHN
That's funny. I grew up in Walnut, CA, in the San Gabriel valley.

Good luck with California dealers. Some of them were the worst in the bunch when I was looking back in April. There was a huge problem in allocation of goats when they came out. You had dealers in the NE and midwest states that had a disproportionate number of goats during winter, while the western and southwestern states had dealers who only had one, some even none. As a result, they had huge mark ups on these golden calves, I mean goats, and the cars were treated like it was Aston Martin or a mMaserati. Between LA, Phoenix, and Las Vegas, I must have looked at 40 dealers all singing the same tune. Mark ups out the ying yang.

I ordered mine from the midwest and paid the 1000 dollar transport fee rather than pay a 5K mark up just because it was convenient.
 

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
Joined
·
2,637 Posts
sporttahoe said:
Given that there are so many unsold 2004's and 2005's on the way I would think dealers would be selling at GMS less holdback just to get rid of them.
They can only sell at GMS if you qualify for GMS, and there is no Holdback with GMS. $30K minus rebates is a great deal and below invoice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
The dealer that was selling for $23,999 here I'm fairly sure was giving GMS pricing to anyone. I saw on the sheet that had the pricing "GMS pricing - $29,xxx". I'm definitely not GMS-qualified but they were going to give me that price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
chupa said:
The dealer that was selling for $23,999 here I'm fairly sure was giving GMS pricing to anyone. I saw on the sheet that had the pricing "GMS pricing - $29,xxx". I'm definitely not GMS-qualified but they were going to give me that price.
Was that a very recent price quote? Did the dealer have a lot of cars?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
I looked at it a couple of weeks ago, apparently they had the same offer last week. It was only on one vehicle out of 6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
miscreant said:
They can only sell at GMS if you qualify for GMS, and there is no Holdback with GMS. $30K minus rebates is a great deal and below invoice.

In those situations "GMS" is just a price point for the dealer to sell at. So the rest of the GMS issues (eligiblility, 2-yr retention, arbitration only, no/low doc fees, etc) wouldn't come into play.
 

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
Joined
·
2,637 Posts
Miss-our-GTO said:
In those situations "GMS" is just a price point for the dealer to sell at. So the rest of the GMS issues (eligiblility, 2-yr retention, arbitration only, no/low doc fees, etc) wouldn't come into play.
What I'd bet is it's GM in the driveway supplier certificates, minus rebates, memo, and coupons. We routinely can get a couple GID certificates from the local plant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Heck, you want the car, buy it. What is a thousand here and there?

Actually, I could have gotten a better price if I had waited for two more days, but then I would have risked having somebody else driving my car. It was worth the extra cash knowing that my car was not beat on during any test drive.

All the miles on my car are from me and that makes me happy.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top