LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i want my car to sound mean at wot, but i really want it to idle loud(no a cam isn't an option here)...I have Kooks Lt's and cats with stock catback, i'm going to be putting on Spintech super pro streets axle back kit in a week or so, i guess the question here is will getting rid of the resonaator make it louder..i mean would an h or x pipe be louder than the resonator or just strait pipes inplace?

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Add an H pipe. Would give you more of a muscle sound over what might be a european sound with an X pipe.

FYI, I've got Kooks Lt's, and a split 05' Corsa sport. Loud at WOT, and aggressive at idle. I love it.

·
18,197 Posts
Although I recommend an H-pipe (or X) on a dual exhaust, it'll still mild down or quiet the exhaust slightly. It's a benefit though, as it helps balance out the two pipes.

To get a louder idle, other than pulling off the muffler, you pretty much have to eventually change the cam, as that defines the 'sound' of what the engine is doing (to make it sound meaner). You already did the headers it sounds like and once you replace the muffler, you'll be at what sound you're gonna have to live with (still sounds good, imo)...Removing the resonator will help increase the volume, as it's pretty much a muffler.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Black Devil said:
Add an H pipe. Would give you more of a muscle sound over what might be a european sound with an X pipe.

FYI, I've got Kooks Lt's, and a split 05' Corsa sport. Loud at WOT, and aggressive at idle. I love it.

+1 :burnout:

My car was idling in my buddies driveway while we were sitting there talking. His brother comes out and says "Damn, that thing sounds badass just sitting there idling. I can't imagine what it sounds like at WOT." So I showed him...

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
It is awsome. I love it. I would only change the tips off the Corsa. That is only to get SAP style tipe, to reinstall my 04' bumper. I am beginning to dislike the 05' bumper, with the filler panel. Want to set the car back a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts