LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Suffering Fools
Interesting how your failure to understand my question triggered this response....
By the way...I鈥檓 75
So, I was here back in the day 馃憤
My dad's 75 and he's a vet too. Where'd you serve?

Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
My dad's 80 and also a vet. He and a bunch of his friends signed up when Vietnam started heating up in the early 60s so they wouldn't get drafted later. He never went there, ended up in Alabama, Alaska, and Italy.

Suffering Fools
My dad's 80 and also a vet. He and a bunch of his friends signed up when Vietnam started heating up in the early 60s so they wouldn't get drafted later. He never went there, ended up in Alabama, Alaska, and Italy.
My dad had finished two years of college before he enlisted. He knew calculus and trig and they sent him to the NSA for the first three years, then to Germany and Turkey with the ASA after that.

Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
My dad had finished two years of college before he enlisted. He knew calculus and trig and they sent him to the NSA for the first three years, then to Germany and Turkey with the ASA after that.
That's where my dad worked his entire career! We used to call it No Such Agency. Half of my friends' parents worked at NSA, Fort Meade, or Westinghouse.

Super Moderator
My old man also did the sign up before draft deal. Did two years in Vietnam. 30 years of Department of Defense after that. Retired fully at 50 years old.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts