LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to leave this thread to say thank you to frank beck. he is the man!
i started to do my pedders track 2 upgrade about a month ago. i cant afford to do it all at once so i am doing it a little at a time. every pedders part i add just makes the car better and better. today the dif. insert and big bore shocks in the rear. even just these 2 things made a difference. cant wait to get the struts in and radius bushes. anyway thank you again to mr beck.
enjoy your vacation!

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
You are so going to love it! I know I do :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its funny i feel like a crack addict. i just want more and more. i call frank the crack dealer. lol

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
jimsgto said:
its funny i feel like a crack addict. i just want more and more. i call frank the crack dealer. lol
Thanks Jimbo,If you NEED Your PEDDERS Fix Just give me a call on my cell 908-892-1882...Thanks once more....:) Frank

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i have my fix for a little while now. you will hear from me around x mas time for the rest of the upgade. just make a pile in the garage of everything i will need. this time i will come and pick it up if its ok with you....
thanks again for bringing me into the pedders nation!

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
The only known cure for Pedders Addiction is a complete Justice or eXtreme System administered immediately. Anything less can result is shakes, convulsions and midnight runs to the local Pedders Dealer for emergency installations.

JIM: Welcome to the PEDDERS NATION!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks pete! ok i have driven the car quite a bit since yesterday and all i can say is wow! i was on the parkway last night and the seat of the pants feel is getting much better at speed. today i was running some errands and did a few hard launches and found that the car hooks much better now. just wants to get up and go. i cant wait for the front to get done now. i am still up in the air about lowering the car. i have the 2643 rear springs. i didnt put them in yet. i was goint to wait till i got the front springs for my gsr struts. if i do a 3/8 drop in the front with the 2643 in the rear will i like the ride? will the car look right? i still think i want to keep the car at stock height just put in stiffer springs. any ideas?

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
jimsgto said:
thanks pete! ok i have driven the car quite a bit since yesterday and all i can say is wow! i was on the parkway last night and the seat of the pants feel is getting much better at speed. today i was running some errands and did a few hard launches and found that the car hooks much better now. just wants to get up and go. i cant wait for the front to get done now. i am still up in the air about lowering the car. i have the 2643 rear springs. i didnt put them in yet. i was goint to wait till i got the front springs for my gsr struts. if i do a 3/8 drop in the front with the 2643 in the rear will i like the ride? will the car look right? i still think i want to keep the car at stock height just put in stiffer springs. any ideas?
Before I answer that question please complete the rim to guard measurements. When we know where your car sits we will know where it will be with different springs. Park the car on a level surface with the wheels straight. There should be nothing in the car but a 1/4 tank of fuel. Measure from the lower rim lip up through the center of the wheel to the painted edge of the fender. Your measurement will be between 572mm on the low factory side to 600mm on the average new to 610mm rear which would be high. Label them DF, DR, PF, PR.

Thanks again for choosing Pedders!

·
2005 GTO m6
756 Posts
The cars drop a little a few days after the install. Mine looks quite low in the back compared to where it was the day I picked up the car.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
wraith said:
The cars drop a little a few days after the install. Mine looks quite low in the back compared to where it was the day I picked up the car.
The OE spring do settle rapidly. They drop on average almost an inch after one year in service. That is why our OE height springs appear to raise the car. They raise the car to the OE stock height before the first mile was put on the OE spring. The way we make our springs they hold their height in service much longer. Each spring is peened with Military spec shot. Why -- because the Mil Spec shot holds its shape longer. We quench the springs in an oil bath, we stage heat the steel to insure it is evenly heated and the right temp when we wind it, we fully scrag each spring to set the height permanently and measure each spring to with 2mm of variance om height as opposed to the industry standard of 15mm or about 5/8".

Excuse the infomercial.

·
2005 GTO m6
756 Posts
JusticePete said:
The OE spring do settle rapidly. They drop on average almost an inch after one year in service. That is why our OE height springs appear to raise the car. They raise the car to the OE stock height before the first mile was put on the OE spring. The way we make our springs they hold their height in service much longer. Each spring is peened with Military spec shot. Why -- because the Mil Spec shot holds its shape longer. We quench the springs in an oil bath, we stage heat the steel to insure it is evenly heated and the right temp when we wind it, we fully scrag each spring to set the height permanently and measure each spring to with 2mm of variance om height as opposed to the industry standard of 15mm or about 5/8".

Excuse the infomercial.
Well its accurate. When I dropped my car off, the back tires were about a finger away from the fender. I got the car back with a Pedders drop spring, and it looked a little higher then it was. Now, it sits about where the 20k mile stock spring was after it sagged for a year. Still handles great. I passed another GTO on the Cross Island expressway at about 100mph going around a long sweeper and there was a BMW 3 series and a bigger AMG Mercedes trying to persue. Its such an adrenaline rush to have a car that handles as good as it accelerates.

SAm

·
Registered Gator
506 Posts
The way a Pedders suspension gets better and better the faster you go is the best part of the addiction. I had to move the overspeed chime up 20 mph to keep it quiet. ;) High Speed sweepers leave many others behind and made me move better braking up the "mod list". The no-drop springs have settled just right and I have no rubbing with four adults in the car or scraping over curb stops in parking lots. Some of the FLA roads make the Pedders mod seem too much but when it's time to haul ass - say hello to a SEG and the thought that there is no way I would go back to stock... :burnout:

Georgia is much closer but "we" still need a Florida connection...:)

·
2005 GTO m6
756 Posts
You said it ^

I had a new V8 Grand Prix try to chase me down the first day I had the car from Rossi out on 287 going home and I think that was the best part. JUst being able to unleash the engine without even worrying about whats ahead because you could just steer around it was simply awesome. I am going to try better brake pads first and see if that makes things better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts