LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Turbo Whistle? She's Stock:)
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Like the title states, I was hit Low and Hard! Not in ***el holders but in the wallet. Well as most of you already know I'm a full time student at Fullsail Real World Education (relatively expensive) getting ready for an STS project. Well I received some very bad news from my National Guard Unit's RNCO who's in charge of keeping or pay and Tuition assistance running smoothly. Well, I received an email not so long ago (its 11:15pm here:confused: , so I already had a sense it was bad news:sneaky: ) For a minute I thought we were getting deployed again, but the news was even worse than that. I was told that my paper work was Fluffed up, which was meant to fund my sophomore classes:madsign3: which mean's, I'll have to pay out of my own pocket until the issue is resolved. That's nearly $2.5K for this entire month which I had saved up for the GTO! And I won't be allowed to start my classes until they’re paid for.

So now I'm going to be out of $2.5K and a half finished PROJECT!

My biggest issue which I need answered is will I be able to install the kit and have the car running with the following parts, and opt to upgrade as soon as I'm reimbursed. OR, should I wait the prescribed 8 weeks until I receive my funds to finish the project in its entirety?

So Far I’ve ordered for my stock 05 M6-

The Basic STS Kit
GMM Street Shifter
60ib Injectors (Buying it from a board member)
Fuel Pump
http://speed-eng.com/store/index.php?cPath=25_103_1279
RPS Clutch and Flywheel Combo

Is this enough to have the kit installed and tuned in order to run the advertised 7 psi http://www.ststurbo.com/gto_6_0l_dyno

If not what can I do in order to get her up and running without putting her on the back burner for another 2 months or dropping my bank account into the negatives?

The Meth Kit, Boost controller, FMIC, and GT67 will have to wait until Mid November now :(

·
Ho's b4 Bro's
2,148 Posts
Won't you save money on getting the GT67 to begin with instead of buying it later? That's probably a significant expense, best to wait.

·
Turbo Whistle? She's Stock:)
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hawkeye said:
Won't you save money on getting the GT67 to begin with instead of buying it later? That's probably a significant expense, best to wait.
The kit is already ordered. I'm getting a used GT67 with about 4,500 miles on it for $250 from a close friend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts