LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any aftermarket company come up with a matching lower grill (down in the air dam) that matched our upper grill? I popped out my factory plastic slit one Saturday and thought it would look much better with a matching lower grill.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^^^

·
Registered
160 Posts
Grill

mlc said:
MIC,

I don't even have my car yet but I want that grill. You need to mass produce!

slick50

·
Resident Sheriff
4,691 Posts
A very good photoshop at that.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Send that to the guy at BMR. He seems to be a bit of a metalworking genius. Also looks like it would keep stones out of the condenser better than the stock louvers.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Well, it wouldn't actually match if it were made of steel. I liked the steel mesh on the preproduction car better than the plastic honeycomb that came on the production cars. I still don't think either would look right on the bottom of a black car.
Dan

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Hmmm. I never checked the honeycomb for plasticness. Someone somewhere had posted that it was metal, and I just ran with that. I am considering repainting the honeycomb and lower louvers in a slightly lighter metallic, for a subtle contrast against the black.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Both of the upper and the lower grille inserts are plastic. The two uppers are made of ABS and I'm not 100% sure that the lower one is as well, but it could be a PP with a plasticizer. Sorry, plastics are what I know.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
im hopin that street scenes will make a grill similar looking to the ones for the GP. i always thought those looked sweet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts