LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Buy a Hybrid. I Need Your Gas
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to go with a Pedders setup for my car, just have one question for those who have LT's...

I would rather get the Serious Street over the Street II because of the 1" drop, but I need to know if long tubes (specifically pacesetters) will hang too low if I drop the car any...anyone have headers with a 1" drop?

Thanks,
Kush

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
I have the B+G's, which are alittle over an inch...about 1.2 in the front and 3/4 in the back, and I have no clearance issues. They tuck up very well, and thankfully arent anything like f-body LT's.

·
Registered
276 Posts
IBMgoat said:
I have the B+G's, which are alittle over an inch...about 1.2 in the front and 3/4 in the back, and I have no clearance issues. They tuck up very well, and thankfully arent anything like f-body LT's.
Well thats good to hear. My friends z28's suspension package probably lowered it 1.5" and he has pacesetter LT's. His clearance is fine from what I've seen. I will soon be getting pedders and pacesetters. Let me know how yours work out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
HotRodKush said:
I would rather get the Serious Street over the Street II because of the 1" drop
I have the StreetII. Changed the 1" drop to 1/2" drop front, 3/8 rear.

It's almost too perfect! :judge:

:D

·
9 Second Club
14,781 Posts
HotRodKush said:
I've decided to go with a Pedders setup for my car, just have one question for those who have LT's...

I would rather get the Serious Street over the Street II because of the 1" drop, but I need to know if long tubes (specifically pacesetters) will hang too low if I drop the car any...anyone have headers with a 1" drop?

Thanks,
Kush
I got Kooks, though my suspension isn't lowered I run 235/40 17s on the front which effectively lowers it. Further, the car always sat lower than others to begin with. I just had to eliminate may Catted downpipes because I had creamed something in the road and smashed one of the cats collapsing the element and cutting off the exhaust. Damned, I wouldn't have bought the catted downpipes had I not been stupid. CHuck told me and everyone else told me. Totally different sound and power feel.

I don't think you are gonna make any commercials passing a WRX on a gravel road while going airborne over a hilltop. But for all but the most extreme street conditions I don't think you will have as much of a problem as vettes and Ferraris do. JMHO

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the pedders and lowering king springs set up with sw LT and offroad pipes. Iam also sitting on 245 40 18 all the way around. I wondered The same thing but have no issues at all they actual sit up under the car really good. Alot better than any of my F bodys did. I havent even had a problem with speed bumps. But I still take them slow. I am sure if you play dukes of hazard they might hit.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
HotRodKush said:

Thanks,
Kush

We have done just about every configuration you could think of at DMS. We have not seen issues with headlers and drops. But you should always be cautious on the big driveways and speed bumps.

Not all GTOs are equal as well. Variations in build tolerances can make some slight differences between vehicles. Best of luck with your upgrades. You will love the Pedders!

mike
dms

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm running the kooks w/ catted midpipes and I scrape those suckers everywhere. I love the look of lowered gto's, but I love the sound more:burnout:

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
Kush - check out my American Racing LTs next time we hang out, I've got A LOT of clearance on the stock ride height and could easily drop the car down and have a safe amount of room on good roads.

And by the way go with whatever Pedders package you like...just do no drop springs in the front. That was my plan for a while with the Track 2 until I decided to wait on this coilover B&G set coming out.

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
The only thing that you should really worry about with long tubes and lowered front ends is just after the front tires go over the speed bumps. I have the 0 drop fronts and Kooks, and I have speed bumps where i live. If I allow the suspension to bounce enough over the bump it will allow the mid pipes to hit. But as long a you go slow and roll off the speed bumps you will be fine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have B&G springs (~1.2" drop) and catted Kooks. I have only had issues going over speed bumps. I'm in Florida (flat) so there are few driveway issues, etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My car sits very low with the B+G springs, kooks dont hit

·
Bolt on Bandit
411 Posts
Im running the Pedders 1 inch drop in front and 1/2 inch in back with the SW LTs. I havent had any issues at all but I take all speed bumps and driveways at angles just to be sure. Trick is when coming into driveways or going over speed bumps is to hit them at angles. Never go straight into them!!

·
GTOless
7,062 Posts
Kush - check out my American Racing LTs next time we hang out, I've got A LOT of clearance on the stock ride height and could easily drop the car down and have a safe amount of room on good roads.
Yea same here. They are just as low/high as stock and maybe a touch better.

·
Mustangs = Goat Food
202 Posts
You should have no problems

I have the Pedders Serious Street setup (1" front & 1/2" rear) and Pacesetters. I have not had a problem with clearance. You have to make sure you don't take speed bumps too fast, but I had to do that before the headers. I don't think the Pacesetters hang much, if any, lower than the stock exhaust.

I measured the ground clearance and I have about 4 1/2" at the headers and midpipes, and 4" at the connection flanges to the cat-back.

--
Dave

·
I'm gonna get you!
2,812 Posts
Keep in mind guys you can get pretty much any pedders springs with any package. The packages are a little confusing and misleading. You can get a serious street streetII track II or whatever with the no drop springs. 99% of the pedders parts will work together you don't have to have a "package". Call and speak with the dealer your buying them from and they can configure what you want.

·
Registered
208 Posts
An option for lowered cars when riding over speed bumps is to follow a slightly diagonal line. This will actually increase your clearance and avoid a strong bump on the front end.

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Keep in mind guys you can get pretty much any pedders springs with any package. The packages are a little confusing and misleading. You can get a serious street streetII track II or whatever with the no drop springs. 99% of the pedders parts will work together you don't have to have a "package". Call and speak with the dealer your buying them from and they can configure what you want.
+1, This is why i put together the Full Bushing Package, then you can choose your struts and springs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts