LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Warranty Killer
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been reading all I can seem to find on this subject, but still not sure. I want to lower my car, but obviously don't want it to rub and/or bottom out badly.

2006 M6 (if that matters)
19x8 +40 wheels
243/35/19 F+R

I want the car either to sit level or with the rear higher than the front just a tad. It's lower in the rear now. This car is a DD, but every car I've had in the last 15 years has been lowered, so I wouldn't say ride quality is a huge issue, rather lean towards the performance side.

I was looking at the Pedders Coilover deal on gravana's site, am I asking for problems? If so, where should I look? Other than a rear camber kit, is there anything else I should upgrade at the same time?

Gregg

·
Warranty Killer
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jamesbiz said:
why is your rear lower ?
every one I've seen looks low in the rear to me...maybe it's the cut of the rear fender well, not sure.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
The coilovers are relatively high on the critical damping scale but still much better in ride quality that you may expect. 2275s front and 2643 rear will give you the look and still have a great ride quality when matched with BIG Bore 9195s rear and GSR Struts up front.

Pedders parts are only covered by warranty when sold by a Pedders Dealer. You can verify if your purchase is covered under warranty by checking the dealer listing on the Pedders website. The link is in my signature below.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
gdev_ said:
every one I've seen looks low in the rear to me...maybe it's the cut of the rear fender well, not sure.
Nope, it is the OE coils. We just measured one two weeks ago at a Pedders Night at Waukegan Tire. The car had sagged over an inch and was only three months old. The ride height on that GTO is normally seen after a year of use. Ride heights measured Rim to Guard (bottom of the wheel lip to the edge of the painted fender) should be 604mm all the way around. When you are thinking about your GTO suspension the first thing you should do is measure the ride height rim to guard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts