LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HP Hack
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LPE Cold air induction systems will be available in September. This is a true cold air induction system. We have seen average gains of 8 to 10 RWHP in a stock 04 GTO. These systems feature a silicone rubber tube to insulate engine bay temperatures from the intake air charge, Includes KN air filter, and all necessary clamps. Expected retail price of $399.95.

·
Registered
160 Posts
LPE Cold air induction systems will be available in September. This is a true cold air induction system. We have seen average gains of 8 to 10 RWHP in a stock 04 GTO. These systems feature a silicone rubber tube to insulate engine bay temperatures from the intake air charge, Includes KN air filter, and all necessary clamps. Expected retail price of $399.95.
The price is borderline ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

slick50

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,570 Posts
I think that's a better overall design than the others I've seen. But what's missing is a way to get the cold air to it. Can't you come up with something? :)

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
BluGoatDvr said:
Pics are on the LPE web site. As far as the price goes I'll wait for it to go on sale.
i want to see more and better pics......it is still very high priced and does not seem to change anything........Maybe one day a vendor will take the time to come up with something that actually gets air from somewhere else?

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,570 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
i want to see more and better pics......it is still very high priced and does not seem to change anything........Maybe one day a vendor will take the time to come up with something that actually gets air from somewhere else?
I agree. While I think the design is better, it is still the same design. Let's see some real cold air.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
I've posted this since the cars came out. There IS no good place to route an intake. If LPE cant do it then I think you'd understand it cant be done on a stock car. You can cut up your car and mount a filter behind the driverside fog lamp. Some people even think the autosport development style induction will work....but it wont. It;s just a C5 air bridge. The reason it works is because the radiator sits much lower. Without modifying your GTO this is the best place to get cooler air from.

If I had to take a guess, the main reason this kit is so expensive (and I've said it before) is because the tube is molded silicone. Not really a cheap thing to make.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
DY, are you quite sure that they have moved the radiator on the AD racecar rather than just using a lower profile one? I am thinking I may have to go to Monterey to see the car in October or whenever that is just so I can get an idea of how they did it. If we could jst get over the hump of the radiator I think we could do that intake. It doesn't look like the metal piece that goes across at the front of the hood would interfere, at least not what I can see from the AD pics (but of course they have that piece removed on the racecar so it's hard to tell).

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
It looks like they are using that hole that near it says something like "charge ac below here" or something to get cold air in. What is nice is that its totally blocked off from engine heat with the heatshield.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
DevilYellow said:
They have an aftermarket aluminum radiator that just isnt as tall as the factory one. But much thicker. I doubt all the a/c components would fit perfectly with that radiator.

I am more than 'quite sure'. ;)
I'm sure we could figure out a way to do it *muah ha ha ha* :)

Here's a question I have - since I am eventually planning on going with the Magnacharger, are any of these intake kits floating around compatible with that? I have no idea how that all goes together...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts