LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HP Hack
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out Lingenfelters/LPEs latest addition.........

http://www.lingenfelter.com/home.asp

Just give us a call if you have any questions. We have a variety of proven products that will be releasing soon for the new GTO. Give us a call to discuss upgrades for your GTO! Mention that you seen it on LS1GTO.com!

thank you!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Check out Lingenfelters/LPEs latest addition.........

http://www.lingenfelter.com/home.asp

Just give us a call if you have any questions. We have a variety of proven products that will be releasing soon for the new GTO. Give us a call to discuss upgrades for your GTO! Mention that you seen it on LS1GTO.com!

thank you!
Is that 450hp rear wheel?
Thanks
and when will the intake setup be available by itself?

·
HP Hack
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats 450 at the flywheel. Our packages are geared towards making as much power as possible while retaining stock drivability, and keeping reliability at the top of the priority list as well. This package is mainly a heads and cam upgrade with cat back exhaust and our air intake system. The bottom end of this engine is untouched.

We could make 450 at the tires, but it wouldn't have good street manners. To get close to that number and retain good drivability, and reliability, you have to start looking toward the 427, or possibly a special edition. Can anyone say 426?

We are going to start manufacturing the air intake systems, but all the details have not been worked out. You should see something in the coming weeks. Power gains will be available as well.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Thats 450 at the flywheel. Our packages are geared towards making as much power as possible while retaining stock drivability, and keeping reliability at the top of the priority list as well. This package is mainly a heads and cam upgrade with cat back exhaust and our air intake system. The bottom end of this engine is untouched.
Can someone please tell me why I should pay over $6K for a head and cam package? I don't know about you but a supercharger sounds better for this amount of money.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
BillyGoatGruff said:
Can someone please tell me why I should pay over $6K for a head and cam package? I don't know about you but a supercharger sounds better for this amount of money.

like DY said in another post. you are paying for the Lingenfelter name and warranty.
i bet i could slap some lingenfelter stickers on my GTO and it would add atleast 20hp :p

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
For a warranty and reliable, driveable package this is not a bad deal.

I'm really interested in the CAI. Info ASAP would be great. :D

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Hey Jeff another question are you guys going to make long tube headers for the GTO or are you going to use someone elses maybe in an upcoming package? Also what special edition are you speaking of?

·
HP Hack
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will try to get the dyno sheet up sometime this afternoon or Wednesday.

As far as the supercharger goes, its hard to beat bang for the buck with them. We should be adding them soon to our available packages in the coming months as well. The heads/cam/exhaust/intake package includes install and tuning, or everything done turn key. We could sell you the heads/cam/exhaust/air intake out the door as well, but tuning may be an issue until we get a few of them out in service.

apples for apples, the supercharger package will more than likely be in the neighborhood of $8500 to $10000 installed. Not sure of the details until a few of them are done. This package will also be available on an out the door basis as well with the programming to be done in house on the first few that are done here at LPE. After we have done a few, we will offer the calibration out the door.

·
HP Hack
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Adam 4356,

We have been getting pummeled with questions concerning the cold air intake! The most I can say at this point, is the details/pricing are being determined. These are going to be an excellent gain on the GTO. There are going to be some other cool additions we will be making to our catalog as well, but we are still developing, and working out the details.

GTOJ,

Headers have a possible future in the GTO, but I don't have enough information to say if and when. The best I can tell you know is "hopefully!"

When I said "special edition" I was meaning that it would be cool if we could offer a special edition throwback 426 variation of the GTO? This was only creative thinking that could be a possibility if someone was interested.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I think the price is excellent considering it includes installation, a dyno tune, and a hand held programmer. I might seriously consider delivering my GTO to Decatur and having this done... AFTER I put a new roof on the house. :D

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
It didn't start leaking until the day AFTER I spent the "roof money" on new wheels. Figures, huh? :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
FLORIT said:
It didn't start leaking until the day AFTER I spent the "roof money" on new wheels. Figures, huh? :)
I suppose it only leaks when it rains though.
:drink: :drink:

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Murphy's Law

FLORIT said:
Looks like Murphy found out where you live, eh? ;)

·
HP Hack
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FLORIT,

The hand held programmers are on a out the door basis only, not for inhouse use. Say for instance a customer wants to purchase our ported heads with our camshaft, you can purchase our custom programming that is downloaded in our hand held programmer.

If we do a turn key package in house, all of the calibration will be done in house, and no programmer will be needed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts