LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 368 Posts

·
200+ MPH Club!!!
2,723 Posts
Jack tools would have come in handy 2 days ago when I had a flat. Bought 2 new tires.

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
yea they are buried inside a burned husk full of greasy parts. they aint worth enough for me to crawl into that to get to them.

you are welcome to come haul the husk away and use whatever you need off it lol. ill let it go super cheap :D

ordered the cam and valve springs for the 5.3

·
Worthless reject member
39,268 Posts
According to the old timer that i bought it from, his 19yr old grand son drove the burb over and parked it blocking access to the back of their property. He asked him to move the truck and this was the most insulting thing the teen had ever heard so in defiance he set the interior on fire. upside is the fire department was fast and put it out before it spread too far ...
seriously, what in the smurf?

·
200+ MPH Club!!!
2,723 Posts
No thanks. I'll get some from the junk yard for less hassle.

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
All thats left of the suburntban aside from the engine

and this little fella showed up today. he needed a home so i offered him shelter and a job making brapity brapity noises.

·
voted, 'a dick.'
4,884 Posts
moving right along, flippity flopper!!

·
HGH Optimist
7,377 Posts
All thats left of the suburntban aside from the engine
Post Reported.

If you're gonna sell shit, you have to post it with an ID card.

:rules:

·
200+ MPH Club!!!
2,723 Posts
Dan, Quick, tape an ID card to your a$$

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
but thats what you do for stuff you are trying to sell..... wait a damn minute! im not that deep into this project yet lol.

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The chassis has arrived!

Its a 99 V6 Auto car originally. cloth interior but power everything. A friend of mine got it new in 99 and drove it until 2011 when he sold it to another friend who pulled the motor and was going to terminator swap it but ended up having a kid. Its sat since then and he finally asked me if i wanted to buy it since i was eyeballing mustang chassis's for this build i wanted to do. We made a deal and here it is.

Already has a GT 8.8 under it with 4.10 gears and came with lots of extras including some mosier 31 spline chromolly axles.

Going to test fit with the bare aluminum block i have to see if i am going to need an oil pan or not (i think im going to) and then slam the cam/valve springs into the motor and get it ready to drop in place. i think im going to end up needing to hammer the trans tunnel out a bit but ill find out once i start test fitting stuff. excited to get to work.

·
200+ MPH Club!!!
2,723 Posts
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Not a Mustang! I thought you were putting it in a Jeep.

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Mustang is the smartest platform for this. Parts are cheap and plentiful, plenty of room in the engine bay for activities, and they drag race really well. Plus if I accidentally put it into the wall, it's no great loss and I can get another cheap one and move my parts to it.

I'm not trying to break records or be the first to do anything. I just want to race and have fun

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
wife and i went out this morning to do a test fit with the bare alum block i have. wanted to see truck oilpan clearance as well as trans tunnel etc. slammed the spare truck pan i have as well as the spare heads i have on it to see what we have.

You can see how thrilled she is. she doesnt exactly like mustangs but gets the cheap racecar idea.

LIKE A GLOVE!

oil pan hangs really low. going to need to order the muscle car pan.

headed out to install the cam into the motor and see if the heads on it are castechs and if so they are coming off and the 862s i have on the shelf will be going on. Next update should have lots of fun motor pics while we are working on it.
Might also setup the gopro in timelapse mode to video it.

·
Worthless reject member
39,268 Posts
The chassis has arrived!

Its a 99 V6 Auto car originally. cloth interior but power everything. A friend of mine got it new in 99 and drove it until 2011 when he sold it to another friend who pulled the motor and was going to terminator swap it but ended up having a kid. Its sat since then and he finally asked me if i wanted to buy it since i was eyeballing mustang chassis's for this build i wanted to do. We made a deal and here it is.

Already has a GT 8.8 under it with 4.10 gears and came with lots of extras including some mosier 31 spline chromolly axles.

Going to test fit with the bare aluminum block i have to see if i am going to need an oil pan or not (i think im going to) and then slam the cam/valve springs into the motor and get it ready to drop in place. i think im going to end up needing to hammer the trans tunnel out a bit but ill find out once i start test fitting stuff. excited to get to work.
YUNOBOXYOLDFOXBODAY?

·
Worthless reject member
39,268 Posts
wife and i went out this morning to do a test fit with the bare alum block i have. wanted to see truck oilpan clearance as well as trans tunnel etc. slammed the spare truck pan i have as well as the spare heads i have on it to see what we have.

You can see how thrilled she is. she doesnt exactly like mustangs but gets the cheap racecar idea.

LIKE A GLOVE!

oil pan hangs really low. going to need to order the muscle car pan.

headed out to install the cam into the motor and see if the heads on it are castechs and if so they are coming off and the 862s i have on the shelf will be going on. Next update should have lots of fun motor pics while we are working on it.
Might also setup the gopro in timelapse mode to video it.
That fits nicely.

now i want to ls swap a new edge. thanks. :gto_rage:

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
A fox this nice would have been 4 times as much.

Plus it's not a huge weight difference.

21 - 40 of 368 Posts