LS1GTO Forums banner
381 - 395 of 395 Posts

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #382 ·
all id have to do is take the hood off lol.

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #385 ·
PROGRESS. My Friend Mikey came by and Got the intercooler pipes welded up and added the bov, IAT, and wastegate to the respective pipes. Painted/wrapped the booger hook and got the turbo installed with gaskets and ready to party.

And i finally broke down and ordered the terminator x max and injectors for it.

got some vacuum bits arriving tomorrow that im going to try and get all routed up so i can start it up this weekend for the first time with the spinny boi on it. Once i verify that all works and no leaks ill rip out the harness/ecu and replace it all with the holley.

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 ·
turbo noises!

[VIDEO]
[VIDEO]

Going to start working on the holley and other bits in the next few days. But man what a rush getting it started!

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #388 ·
lots of progress over the last few weeks.

finished up the exhaust fabrication, modified the bumper to fit the intercooler, removed the oem ecu/harness, swapped in the new injectors and started wiring the holley up. also picked up some new rims. the set on the car now have shanked lugs with offset washers and they are super frustrating to take on and off. so i bought some jegs stars with conical seats and they work way better lol.

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
Thanks Joe! it makes me chuckle constantly as well, as do the grumpy noises people make when they see it at the track. Thank Corndog for donating it to the project! lol

·
Hell pecker yeah
7,839 Posts
It was the least I could do. And like my dad always told me, "You always want to do the least you can do."

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·
got the terminator wired up and fired up. test drove it today. more videos coming soon.

·
Super Moderator
16,025 Posts
My only big beef with turbo ls setups especially single turbo setups is they tend to sound like farm trucks. The performance factor far outweighs though :eek:

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·
honestly it was super simple.

worked on some tuning on it saturday at my friends place. its a ripper.

then we swapped wg springs and it got up to 9 psi but we had lots of issues with the fuel system.

the wiring into the tank was undersized (totally my fault) and melted, shorted to ground. so we dropped the tank and rewired all the way to the pump. but then the regulator wasnt holding reliable pressure. so i need to fix that. but it ran under boost!

Reactions: Mr. Black
381 - 395 of 395 Posts