LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 gto a4
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 A4 has pretty much all bolt ons and H/C. I have been running without o2 sensors for about 5 months now and the car does not like it when the air gets cold or dense quickly. Is there any other downside? My tuner said it was fine but I really feel like o2s would benefit with fluctuations in weather. Also would this have anything to do with a loss of power or restricted tuning accuracy? I'm only making 380 with ported 243s and a torquer 2 and I really feel like others have had better luck with this combo. Could be my non locking 3400 stall but j figured I'd ask. Any help would be appreciated

·
Administrator
8,416 Posts
So, you’re running OL all the time then if you don’t have 02 sensors.

What you’re experiencing is exactly what will happen without operating O2 sensors during environmental swings. I’d personally never run without them as they help to adjust fueling and act as a safety monitor should something go wrong and can alert you to an overly rich/lean condition before it can get catastrophic.

·
Worthless reject member
41,053 Posts
Your tune has to be spot on to run with no feedback from the o2 sensors.

Some setups might benefit from OL, especially if you are running super rich at idle or cruise because of cam overlap and EOIT tuning didn't help much, but your cam doesn't seem so agressive as to need it. I forget at which point this starts to really be a problem, though...

I would talk to your tuner about switching back to running the o2 sensors. Hopefully the car runs tame enough at low throttle and idle.

·
Registered
04 gto a4
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your tune has to be spot on to run with no feedback from the o2 sensors.

Some setups might benefit from OL, especially if you are running super rich at idle or cruise because of cam overlap and EOIT tuning didn't help much, but your cam doesn't seem so agressive as to need it. I forget at which point this starts to really be a problem, though...

I would talk to your tuner about switching back to running the o2 sensors. Hopefully the car runs tame enough at low throttle and idle.
Yeah I think that's the plan. I have the upstream extensions on and just need to find a day to get them hooked up. Do you think I should wait until I drive the 120 miles to the tuner to actually set up the o2s or would they be okay. I don't want to fry them right away

·
Administrator
8,416 Posts
You can’t fry narrowband 02’s by plugging them in unless your tune is really out of whack (incredibly rich).

Reactions: Papa Zyn
1 - 6 of 6 Posts