LS1GTO Forums banner

Ls1 Cam/Heads/Stall Underwhelming Dyno

7K views 56 replies 13 participants last post by  pigmeatstrip 
#1 ·
So to preface this my tune was done at 5200ft in Denver. I have worked over 243 heads with dual valvesprings, oem rockers, and ls7 lifters. Tsp Torquer v2 Cam on 112lsa and a 3400 stall. Long tube headers (catless also no o2 sensors) x pipe and slp loudmouth mufflers. I dynoed at 380 Hp and 365tq. I was under the impression some guys were hitting 400 with cam only and was definently expecting to be somewhere in the 410-420 range. Could this be because of altitude or is my stock throttle body or ls6 intake choling me up? Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

#3 ·
what was the correction on the dyno, and what type of dyno was it on?

it could also be because of the stall, esp if it is not locked. 3200 isn't much bigger than stock, though.

and not all stuff dynos the same. i've seen dynos of almost identical setups be off by non negligible amounts, and it didn't mean there was anything wrong with the setup.

Reactions: Papa Zyn
#15 ·
To be honest, I have not tracked the car. It's cam only with long tubes, 3200 stall, and tune. Before the cam it made 321 HP / 341 TQ. That was just with long tubes, CAI, catback and stock converter.

I got the cam installed and then tuned by PatG down in Victoria Texas. I was told it put down 365 HP to the wheels on that day. However, I have no dyno sheet to prove those numbers and neither does he. I wasn't there with my car when it got tuned. I do have a pictures and I know for sure it is tuned and has the cam that is in my sig. So, at some point I'm gonna get it checked again. Just not a priority for me now because it drives great with no issues.

#29 ·
I am at 437rwhp with Stage III LS6 heads, cam, FAST 102, TB and MAF. CF Driveshaft, etc.

2004 GTO - Quicksilver A4 (437rwhp 371rwtq)

Engine Mods: Livernois Stage III LS6 heads/cam | Cam - 224@.050, Lift .568", LSA 114
Fast LSXr 102mm | LPE 100MM MAF | 105MM Accufab TB
SvedeSpeed OTRCAI | JBA Shorty Headers | JBA Mids w/cats | JBA Split Catback

Appearance: Banshee Hood | Banshee Dual Exhaust Inserts | DBA Slotted Rotors
Ace Alloy AFF02 Black Chrome, 19" staggered setup.

Drivetrain : | DSS CF Driveshaft | Gforce Half Shafts | Inner Axle Stubs
3200 Vigilante Single Disc

#30 ·
I am at 437rwhp with Stage III LS6 heads, cam, FAST 102, TB and MAF. CF Driveshaft, etc.

2004 GTO - Quicksilver A4 (437rwhp 371rwtq)

Engine Mods: Livernois Stage III LS6 heads/cam | Cam - 224@.050, Lift .568", LSA 114
Fast LSXr 102mm | LPE 100MM MAF | 105MM Accufab TB
SvedeSpeed OTRCAI | JBA Shorty Headers | JBA Mids w/cats | JBA Split Catback

Appearance: Banshee Hood | Banshee Dual Exhaust Inserts | DBA Slotted Rotors
Ace Alloy AFF02 Black Chrome, 19" staggered setup.

Drivetrain : | DSS CF Driveshaft | Gforce Half Shafts | Inner Axle Stubs
3200 Vigilante Single Disc
Confuses me that I'm making very similar torque (365) and such a lower hp number. I think I'm going to start with building my trans, coilovers, and then move back to engine work.

#51 ·
Sounds about right on mark to me .. With the altitude and a auto w/ stall converter .. I have a LS2 05 with cam , 102 intake , kooks long tube headers , x-pipe , and yank 3600 stall .. I only dyno 403 hp and 386 torque . But , it did take a full second off my 1/8 mile time at the drag strip .. Went from 8.80 to 7.80 et .. So , I wouldn’t get caught up on dyno # ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.