LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this is my first post on here and I recently noticed that my oil pan was starting to leak worse and worse. As usual its around the bellhousing side so I rolled my sleeves up this weekend and pulled the subframe and power steering to get at it. The oil pan is off now and on a table, but I noticed there are 2 dowels that look like they have been punched down to sort of crush the gasket in place. I am trying to remove the gasket from the pan and it is being a pain just figured id see if anyone has any input before I break something on my pan! Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright I did end up figuring that one out! But appreciate the response! Doing the oil pan gasket in the garage on jack stands was not a fun time! But the pans back in now so all is well!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yeah I can't imagine that an oil pan job on jackstands is much fun. I'm spoiled that I have availability to many different lifts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha you would be correct in assuming that and ive had my tranny out multiple times well on jackstands which is a tight fit haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts