LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BJ is gone....
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I have been sniffing around this website for a while and thought I would join today to get in on some of the conversation. What I have noticed is that people are making various mods to thier LS1 but I haven't seen anybody talk about (correct me if I am wrong) incorporating any LS6 parts into the equation. LS6 factory cam and heads can be bought through any GM dealer for a very reasonable cost and will net you some nice gains that so many people seem to be seeking. Just my .02.

Peace, out.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
It has been discussed - but maybe not much recently. The general consensus is that aftermarket heads and cam swaps net more bang for the buck than just going the LS6 route. The only real advantage is that some people have managed to work deals where their dealership is doing the LS6 conversion and warrantying the engine per the stock warranty.
It does seem there are a high percentage of people going the FI route compared to head / cam switches though. I haven't quite figured out why this is the case though.
Dan

·
BJ is gone....
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, right. I guess I would personally rather stick to GM parts to be honest, plus if the dealer is willing to honor the warranty then that is a nice deal. I wonder though about the cost of aftermarket parts compared to GM parts? For instance: you can get the factory LS6 cam for $196 from the dealer. That is a bargain for a roller cam. Man, I recall back in the late 80's and early 90's when I was doing all my hot rodding that aftermarket roller cams were in the $700-$800 range.

Out.

·
BJ is gone....
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay then, that's what I'm talking about! That is a nice package deal that uses GM parts. Thanks swta. BTW, nice "smilies"!

Out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts