LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sold August 10 2007
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to see Richard today for a tune after a cam install.

Previous to the cam 537/498
After cam and tune 585/533

04 GTO LS1
Vortech Kit - 9.5psi
JBA Headers
Random Tech mids with HiFlow cats
Spintech Exhaust
TB clean-up
Alky Control - running 100% methanol
KB Boost a pump

To the above added a Futral F7 cam
224"/230" .588"/.595" 114LSA
with 918's and chromemoly pushrods.

Richard tuned car to 590 dialed final tune back a bit to 585/533

Needless to say.... 50hp gain from just a cam is awesome... thank you Richard!!!

·
Let's roll...
1,036 Posts
Beast!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Damn nice!!! almost makes me want FI... i will be hitting 500rwhp NA and then a TNT 100shot... Your car is a beast are you going to run any more boost?

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
WOW:eek:

·
Sold August 10 2007
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
luke0927 said:
Damn nice!!! almost makes me want FI... i will be hitting 500rwhp NA and then a TNT 100shot... Your car is a beast are you going to run any more boost?

Never say never but I think my power level is about max for the drivetrain, traction, fuel system and bottom end of the motor.

LS2-GTO said:
Very nice. Would like to see this car sometime.
It will be at the September 30 get together at Magnaflow if I can get the fuel pump replaced that just failed an hour ago. See you there I hope.

Nmbr1GMfan said:
Nice numbers.
Thank you sir.

Rolencode GTO said:
It does run or did run good today.... darn fuel pump.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
very nice........with my cam and meth, I gained 70rwhp.

·
Old Guys Rule
3,076 Posts
Congrats,

The F7 was my choice before having EDC grind mine. I think the right cam really wakes up a Centrifugal SC setup....

·
Sold August 10 2007
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First Review with the cam

Well right after the dyno tune on September 23 the fuel pump failed so I have not had a chance to take it out and really get a sense of what it could do.

Finished the fuel pump upgrade/install 8.1 bucket on Friday night, went to the Magnaflow big blow out...... VERY COOL. Still have not had anywhere I can open the car up. While there, I get a ride in the APS twin turbo GTO running over 600rwhp..... so that is what I had to compare my car to.

Well I first I am happy to report that even though I rode in the absolutely coolest fastest street GTO around my car was not at all disappointing or too far off. Breaking the tires loose at 5K in 3rd gear, when the cam and blower really start working together is awesome. Afterr 4K it is a freight train, After 5K it is a rocket sled and it never quits until you shift. Then it starts all over again.

In closing...... if you have a blower.... spend the extra money on a cam... it is definately worth it. If you live in SoCal have Don Lee Auto put it in. He also installed KAAZ just in case you need someone to do work on your diff (gear or lsd).

·
I am now NOBOOST GTO SOLD
1,505 Posts
1stGOAT said:
Well right after the dyno tune on September 23 the fuel pump failed so I have not had a chance to take it out and really get a sense of what it could do.

Finished the fuel pump upgrade/install 8.1 bucket on Friday night, went to the Magnaflow big blow out...... VERY COOL. Still have not had anywhere I can open the car up. While there, I get a ride in the APS twin turbo GTO running over 600rwhp..... so that is what I had to compare my car to.

Well I first I am happy to report that even though I rode in the absolutely coolest fastest street GTO around my car was not at all disappointing or too far off. Breaking the tires loose at 5K in 3rd gear, when the cam and blower really start working together is awesome. Afterr 4K it is a freight train, After 5K it is a rocket sled and it never quits until you shift. Then it starts all over again.

In closing...... if you have a blower.... spend the extra money on a cam... it is definately worth it. If you live in SoCal have Don Lee Auto put it in. He also installed KAAZ just in case you need someone to do work on your diff (gear or lsd).
Larry your car looked sweet and is definately making some serious power as well. I would have liked to have taken a ride in your car as well but it was on display inside of Magnaflow. Maybe next time I can take a ride with you I would really like to compare suspension systems and see how well your car runs and sounds.

Les

1 - 18 of 18 Posts