LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace water pump looked on autozone found a duralast one for my ls2 then noticed I entered 2004 gto which is ls1 so I entered 06 gto and found tje same duralast with the same part number and I thought they should be different and now am worried about buying the wrpng part

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
You’re trippin yo, unless azone has it wrong you’re psyching yourself. You can double check with Napa but will bet a sandwich they’re the same.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just picked it up it didnt come with a thermostat housing. But I compared the new one with the one on my car and unless the water flpw passages are different I am pretty sure it's the right one but I'll lnow for sure when i get the old one off and can actually put em side by side

·
Been here for a long time...
4,670 Posts
IIRC, sometime mid year they changed the water pump to LS2

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
You'll be changing it again soon. Duralast are garbage. Get an actual GM AC/Delco replacement, and not a remanufactured one. Unless you just like changing water pumps every couple months

·
Worthless reject member
45,584 Posts
You'll be changing it again soon. Duralast are garbage. Get an actual GM AC/Delco replacement, and not a remanufactured one. Unless you just like changing water pumps every couple months
yep.

the only decent thing the duralast label is on are batteries, from what i have seen. any reman stuff they sell is generally junk, because the minimum amount of effort and cost was put into getting it back into operating condition.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts