LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

I just installed the HID kit and it is definately the best improvement I have ever seen in changing anything to do with headlights.

Here are some pictures of the install and some of the aftermath:

Thanks to DY and everyone else that did this first and put up some pictures and info about HID conversions.

·
VR4NOMORE....GTO4ME
80 Posts
Very nice. I'm waiting to see what the final verdict on aftermarket legislation says. Cops in this area are ****heads and fining for that.....$100 then I have to remove them. Hopefully it will be overturned.

·
Registered
61 Posts
LiqTenExp said:
Hey,

I just installed the HID kit and it is definately the best improvement I have ever seen in changing anything to do with headlights.

Here are some pictures of the install and some of the aftermath:

Looks really good. I'm about 10 minutes from you and would like to meet up with you so I can see it in person and compare our headlights side by side.
How much were they?
Thanks.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
very cool. i was thinking about doing this myself, but its an expensive mod. and the factory headlights are good enough for me

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Snow Goat. Let me know when a good day is for you. I'm home from work around 5:30. I am free wednesday on after work. I am not sure whats going on this weekend yet.

Well I will tell you what, they look very stock. Since we have a projector setup for the main headlights, the lens gives it a very defined edge like a true HID system would. As long as you have these babies aimed right, I can't see how you could get into trouble with them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
LiqTenExp said:
Hey Snow Goat. Let me know when a good day is for you. I'm home from work around 5:30. I am free wednesday on after work. I am not sure whats going on this weekend yet.

Well I will tell you what, they look very stock. Since we have a projector setup for the main headlights, the lens gives it a very defined edge like a true HID system would. As long as you have these babies aimed right, I can't see how you could get into trouble with them.
Cool. How much did they cost and who sold them to you?
I would also love to get a pic of our cars together.
I'll keep you informed and thanks.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey,

I got them from LS1Speed.com, just click over there

<--------------

They were like 459.99 shipped or something. They came quick and the company they get them from doesn't incluide any manuals but most can be figured out. It really isn't that hard. Let me know when you want to get together. Wednesday on this week looks like good weather. I'll clean up the car and get my canon s50 out and take some lovely photos. Unless you have a better cam.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Once you own a vehicle with true HID lights, you'll never want to drive anything else at night. It's on my GTO mod list when I finally get one.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
damn thats expensive

·
Registered
61 Posts
LiqTenExp said:
Hey,

I got them from LS1Speed.com, just click over there

<--------------

They were like 459.99 shipped or something. I'll clean up the car and get my canon s50 out and take some lovely photos. Unless you have a better cam.
Nope, I have the same camera model :thumbs: How does Saturday night, 4th, at Boulder run, Wycoff, sound? Let me know and we'll make some more definite plans.
Sorry, but I couldn't make it tonight.

·
Registered
61 Posts
TriShield said:
Once you own a vehicle with true HID lights, you'll never want to drive anything else at night. It's on my GTO mod list when I finally get one.
Same here. I miss the HID's on my 03 Maxima. I just have to put a little more under the hood first :sneaky:

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whats at boulder run? Anyways I am free any time friday, sat, sun to do whatever just let me know ahead of time so i can plan around it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
LiqTenExp said:
Whats at boulder run?
Nothing. I thought that it was a nice half way point for both of us. Now that I think about it, maybe we can cruise or meet up at the Whiskey cafe in Rutherford. I'll let you know first since I have to work this saturday.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey,

I am totally up for the wiskey cafe, its a good time. Let me know.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
TriShield said:
Do they make a conversion for the high beams as well?
I wouldnt convert high beams to HID. At best, buy some HID look alike bulbs from Hoen or something for the high beams. HID's take several moments to "warm up" when you flip them on and it may wear them out much quicker using them on the high beams. HID bulbs arent cheep to replace either.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
CSiJason said:
I wouldnt convert high beams to HID. At best, buy some HID look alike bulbs from Hoen or something for the high beams. HID's take several moments to "warm up" when you flip them on and it may wear them out much quicker using them on the high beams. HID bulbs arent cheep to replace either.
I converted both low and high beams on a 1999 Cadillac Deville a year ago, and it hasn't been an issue. HID bulbs are supposed to last much longer than halogen too.

·
90 in a 65
511 Posts
$459.99 isn't bad for HIDs, espacilly if they are true HIDs. The HID Xenon headlights were a $1500 option on our 2003 Nissan Murano. They also function as high beams all within the same bulb, they are amoung the brightest headlights you can get on any vehicle stock...only infinity has brighter lights on its premium luxury sedan (which is also a nissan company). although part of that extra cost is the fact that we can aim them higher or lower manually by a button on the dash. awsome headlights!

·
Registered
61 Posts
LiqTenExp said:
Hey,

I am totally up for the wiskey cafe, its a good time. Let me know.
I'll let you know this saturday, by 4 pm whether or not I can go that day. It all depends on work.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts