LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Bolt on Bandit
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from HPE in Houston Texas. Before my trip down there my car had: K&N CAI, SW Catless LTs, Corsa Cat Back. The car baselined at 360/360 while still on the stock tune. I had HPE install their C-Cam and a ASP UDP. The car sounds absolutely amazing. On the way home I got 4 compliments on how the car sounded at stop lights, lol. Ill get into the good stuff. Chuck made 415/387 with the car. The car gained 55 hp and 27 ft. lbs of torque. Overall im pleased with the car, it did exactly what I was expecting out of it.

Big thanks goes out to Mike and Steve at HPE. These are some of the nicest guys I have dealt with. I called 2 days ago and they made this happen that fast. Also they took me to my hotel and picked me up the next morning. Huge thanks to the guys at HPE. World Class Customer Service!!!

Here is a pic of the before and after cam!!

·
Oh it's Friday night
5,658 Posts
Great numbers ! Your HP and Tq. have huge increases in just the right rpm range. Congrats !

·
1,552 Posts
I would love to hear it in person, waiting on my C-cam to show up. You should come by Whataburger cruise night in Longview next Thursday?

·
Bolt on Bandit
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bigdisplay442 said:
I would love to hear it in person, waiting on my C-cam to show up. You should come by Whataburger cruise night in Longview next Thursday?
Dont think ill be able to make it out that way. If you were closer I would be all over it. If you are ever around shreveport shoot me a PM and ill let you check it out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where did you get your cam from? Cost? Will this cam be big enough when you go with a serious set of heads?

·
Pure Power
485 Posts
Would love to hear a sound clip. How much did the cam and install run you (if you dont mind me asking?)

·
Bolt on Bandit
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
HPE was running a special for the month of September. For the cam, springs, retainers pushrods, install , and tune came up to be $1500.00. Awesome deal if you ask me. Two thumbs up to the guys at HPE!!

I just wanted to add that im really happy with the car. Everytime I start the car i get a big ol SEG on my face and it never stops. I dont even listen to the stereo anymore, lol. In the past 2 days ive gotten so many compliments on how the car sounds then I have since I bought the car. Every LSX car needs a cam in it!!!

·
Just a Re-engineered Cavalier
3,830 Posts
Was this the new C cam grind, or the older one?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Based on the graph and how recently this was done, I'd guess the new one.

·
Do it Yourselfer
1,202 Posts
Look at that torque climb at 4200...amazing. Now I need to price out a complete kit shipped to me :)

Lets hear some clips! :The_Villa

·
Just a Re-engineered Cavalier
3,830 Posts
WOW, I really need to see a graph of the new scam, I can't make up my mind...

·
Used to have one
4,734 Posts
wow nice numbers i bet your happy! im seriously looking at a cam i just wanna wait for some more miles on her. anyone have a link or anyway someone could PM me the specs of that cam?:burnout:

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Nice numbers :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts