LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Ls2 Fidanza aluminum flywheel work with the Ls7 clutch?? I am looking to get an Ls7 ctutch but do not like the weight of the stock flywheel.

·
......................... ....
3,858 Posts
I don't think anyone has done this yet, you could be the frist to try it. From all the threads I've read ls7 clutch only works with the Z06 flywheel. Does the Fidanza work on the new Z06?

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
My First GTO said:
No you need a Z06 type flywheel....
+1 plus i think the z06 flywheel is lighter

·
Because race car
2,835 Posts
speeddemon said:
+1 plus i think the z06 flywheel is lighter
LS7 plate is a few pounds heavier.

Do they make a lightweight flywheel for the C6 vettes?

·
Power/Weight
91 Posts
The Fidanza is GTO/C6 compatable, if i got the LS7 clutch, this was the flywheel i was going to use, but, out of stock so i went spec for both.

you need a C6 flywheel not specifically a Z06, so this should be a go :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Great, I figured it would wirk since it is an Ls2 C6/GTO specific flywheel and I know that the stock Ls2 flywheel will work with the Ls7 Clutch. I think this is what I want, Ls7 clutch with the Fidanza flywheel.

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
blackm6gto said:
Great, I figured it would wirk since it is an Ls2 C6/GTO specific flywheel and I know that the stock Ls2 flywheel will work with the Ls7 Clutch. I think this is what I want, Ls7 clutch with the Fidanza flywheel.
Look.....for the one thousand four hundred and twenty third time.

There is no C6/GTO flywheel........the fookin' thing is either C6 or GTO, but it cannot be both. The C6 takes a different style flywheel than the GTO, even though that have the same engine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HRJ said:
Look.....for the one thousand four hundred and twenty third time.

There is no C6/GTO flywheel........the fookin' thing is either C6 or GTO, but it cannot be both. The C6 takes a different style flywheel than the GTO, even though that have the same engine.
Look man I just got confused because I found the flywheel on Ebay and it says in the auction for 2005-6 C6 and 2005-06 GTO so they could be mistaken. Go to Ebay and type up Ls2 flywheel to check it out.

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
I dunno.....I'm not in the habit of using eBay as a technical resource.

·
Registered Abuser
154 Posts
HRJ said:
Dam Joe........quit pissen in your own cheerios:nuts:

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
REDLS2 said:
Dam Joe........quit pissen in your own cheerios:nuts:
Well damn.....it's been documented a bunch already. :banghead:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HRJ said:
Me neither, nor was I impling that I was using it as a technical reference. I was just stating why I was confused (because of the auction) I guess I could search more right LOL. Anyway its all good man, have a great day.

·
Power/Weight
91 Posts
per fidanza.com 198571 is 12.5" for the GTO and 198171 is 13" for C6, so they are not the same :(

·
Power/Weight
91 Posts
HRJ said:
Oh yeah? You mean you couldn't tell from the pics here...

http://kb.ls1gto.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10039

....that they are different??? LMMFAO!
No joker, those pics are quite clear, my posts were all about the fidanza not EOM.

Regardless if that makes you LMMFAO! you need to get out more, I was confused by the ebay deal and corrected myself, with specific facts, no need to look down on me for trying, my error is worth a slight chuckle at most.

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
SteelBlue05 said:
No joker, those pics are quite clear, my posts were all about the fidanza not OEM.
Well, seeing that the pressure plate/disc assembly is stock LS7, it kinda makes sense that the flywheel.....whichever one that may be....needs to work with it. But hey, what do I know.

SteelBlue05 said:
Regardless if that makes you LMMFAO! you need to get out more, I was confused by the ebay deal and corrected myself, with specific facts, no need to look down on me for trying, my error is worth a slight chuckle at most.
I'd prolly feel that way too, if I was you. ;)

·
Power/Weight
91 Posts
HRJ said:
Well, seeing that the pressure plate/disc assembly is stock LS7, it kinda makes sense that the flywheel.....whichever one that may be....needs to work with it. But hey, what do I know.
Well, seeing as how it was misunderstood that the fidanza was GTO/C6 compatable it kinda makes sense that your remarks are unnecessary.

I'd feel upset if I kept seeing bad info about the same topic over and over again too, but I know I could handle it with more tact if I were in your position. :monkee:

Back to something important, if you do want to go with the LS7 clutch and a Fidanza aluminum flywheel, just go with the C6 unit, don't try it with a SPEC without more research because there is a comment on their site about them being SPEC clutch compatible only.

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
SteelBlue05 said:
but I know I could handle it with more tact if I were in your position.
I'm sure you could.

·
USAF RET
766 Posts
Oh yeah? You mean you couldn't tell from the pics here...

http://kb.ls1gto.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10039

....that they are different??? LMMFAO!

In that link the pics show a LS2 and a LS7. But the top shows a LS1 vs a LS7 weight difference. If the LS7 will bolt to the stock LS2 GTO flywheel then it should bolt to any aftermarket flywheel that takes a stock clutch also. That's why a LS1 will need to convert to the LS2 flywheel to accept the LS7 clutch.

I myself have seen a good deal on a lightweight flywheel and would like to be the first to experiment on the combo. I would hope the extra weight of the LS7 would make up the difference of the lighter aluminum flywheel and balance things out better.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts