LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know for certain what size the LS2 injectors are on a 2006 GTO?

I have heard 32lb.

·
Registered
212 Posts
use the search up top it knows all

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As the saying goes "Been there, done that."

The search reveals approximations, but nothing exact.

That is why I post. I hope I am not shifting the earth's rotation by asking simple questions. After all, isn't that a function of the forum?

Perhaps you know the exact flow rate?

redncgoat said:
use the search up top it knows all

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I don't know, but I'll have a set of 42# up for sale shortly if you want to upgrade :).
Joe

·
Registered
212 Posts
ok i got it for you The stock LS2 injectors flow 4.27 grams/second (33.9 lbs/hr) at 4 bar (58 psi) fuel pressure

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, so where did you get the information? I know that the stock fuel pump pushes 40 GPH, but I don't know what that equates to in PSI. I suppose I would need to know the diameter of the fuel line.

Now, for the guys with the 42 LB injectors . . . what are they for. I understand the electrical connections are different for LS1's and LS2's. But, 42 LB is the size I am looking for.

Thanks!

redncgoat said:
ok i got it for you The stock LS2 injectors flow 4.27 grams/second (33.9 lbs/hr) at 4 bar (58 psi) fuel pressure

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
redncgoat said:
This is correct.

Will 05 LS2 injectors fit 04 LS1 pigtails?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
04 and 05-06 have different plugs. My 42's will fit an 04 directly or you have to use pigtail adaptors to use them in an 05-06- I have them on my 05 using the adaptor harnesses.
Joe

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
For an LS1, injectors are "EV1"-type, regardless of the # size and are direct plug and play. For an LS2, if you want plug and play, they must be "EV6" -type, otherwise, like kwiktsi said, you'll need a harness adaptor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts