LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Only problem there is making an adapter plate for the new 4 bolt DBW throttle body.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Much like EDC said, I'm wondering how this is any different from a Fast LSX with a 90mm TB? The LS2 has a 90mm TB standard so that ought to give you much the same airflow potential...Probably cheaper to do aftermarket than GM anyway, and it's not as if there'll be a warranty if you get the part from GM...

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Unless you're running a heads/cam (and even then it isn't necessary) and/or oversized motor, a Supercharger, or Turbo(s)...YOU DO NOT NEED A REPLACEMENT INTAKE!!!

The LS6 intake outflows the heads you have on their now. The TB on the intake outflows the intake. You're not going to see an appreciable gain vs. dollars spent.

Why do you think there are only a handful of them on the market? Because there isn't a market for them! The stocker is that good for pretty much most needs. Heck, I'm running an LS6 intake on a heads and cammed motor, because the FAST unit isn't going to net me much more for the cost.

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,570 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Unless you're running a heads/cam (and even then it isn't necessary) and/or oversized motor, a Supercharger, or Turbo(s)...YOU DO NOT NEED A REPLACEMENT INTAKE!!!

The LS6 intake outflows the heads you have on their now. The TB on the intake outflows the intake. You're not going to see an appreciable gain vs. dollars spent.

Why do you think there are only a handful of them on the market? Because there isn't a market for them! The stocker is that good for pretty much most needs. Heck, I'm running an LS6 intake on a heads and cammed motor, because the FAST unit isn't going to net me much more for the cost.
CMNT, are you saying a modified intake is not needed in the Goat or the LS6?

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
We have the LS6 intake on our cars from the factory. Unless you build something that is out of this world, or are force feeding it like a Tornado, the LS6 intake *FOR THE MONEY* can't be beat.

A F.A.S.T. intake depending on what size TB, will run you $800 - 900. On a stock headed, stock cammed, stock internals LS1/6 motor, the gains will be negligble. On a heads and cam motor, you may see 5-10rwhp, if you're lucky. MOst of us here fall into the earlier category. As such, if you're gonna spend that level of money, just get a cam installed, some tuning, and you'll get infinitely more for your dollar.

I'm not down on these intakes, just when doing a cost vs. benefit, their gains don't add up.

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,570 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
We have the LS6 intake on our cars from the factory. Unless you build something that is out of this world, or are force feeding it like a Tornado, the LS6 intake *FOR THE MONEY* can't be beat.

A F.A.S.T. intake depending on what size TB, will run you $800 - 900. On a stock headed, stock cammed, stock internals LS1/6 motor, the gains will be negligble. On a heads and cam motor, you may see 5-10rwhp, if you're lucky. MOst of us here fall into the earlier category. As such, if you're gonna spend that level of money, just get a cam installed, some tuning, and you'll get infinitely more for your dollar.

I'm not down on these intakes, just when doing a cost vs. benefit, their gains don't add up.
Thanks. Now I think I understand.

From all the posts about the available intakes, one would think they were not only worth the money, but actually provided a substantial increase in hp.

Thanks for the info!

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
No problem. The LS6 is just pretty darn good for a stocker.

Heck, I upgraded to it on my other LS1 motor that didn't come with it from the factory.

·
NASA Instructor, MW/GL Region
460 Posts
How About A Flow Job On The Heads To Equal Flow On The Stock Intake And Stock Tb Along With A New Cam?

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
As I said, I'm running a set of completely built heads and cam and still am using an LS6 intake. One of these may net me a few more rwhp, but it's not worth the cost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts