LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, Im ordering a FAST 102 cathedral port intake manifold and i had a question about the intake seals. Jegs doesnt have anything specific for the LS2, but they do have the seals for the LS1/LS6/LS7 does anyone know if these are the same?

·
Worthless reject member
36,213 Posts
use the FAST specific throttle body seal, and not the LS2 intake seal, for the FAST manifold, BTW. Otherwise you'll end up with a deformed plenum inlet.

The OEM cathedral port o-rings work fine on the FAST, tho.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
use the FAST specific throttle body seal, and not the LS2 intake seal, for the FAST manifold, BTW. Otherwise you'll end up with a deformed plenum inlet.

The OEM cathedral port o-rings work fine on the FAST, tho.
Cool. The FAST tech said the Manifold comes with the gasket for the throttle body and he gave me the part number for the intake ORings. Im hoping it comes with instructions on the order to torque the manifold bolts down and the torque # specs.

·
Worthless reject member
36,213 Posts
Use the same torque specs as OEM for the long intake bolts, i think it's something like 44 Inch lbs first pass, 89 inch lbs second. I think FAST has their own torque specs for the small socket bolts/nuts the hold the front and back together, not sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Use the same torque specs as OEM for the long intake bolts, i think it's something like 44 Inch lbs first pass, 89 inch lbs second. I think FAST has their own torque specs for the small socket bolts/nuts the hold the front and back together, not sure.
What about driving without a tune? Do you think ill be okay driving it to the tuner?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE.
Install went smooth. Had to remove the rear engine lift point bracket. Other than that no problems.

Will update after dyno/street tune on tuesday the 12th. FYI car made 356/353 with the catback and shorties... now the car has xair, shorties, hi flows, magnaflow catback and fast 102

1 - 13 of 13 Posts