LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Certain performance shop had a LS2 (corvette?) on the dyno last week (how they sourced it :confused: put out 360rwhp.

The shop is working on a package for selling LS2 bare block, timing cover, adaptor wiring harness (the knock sensors and cam sensors are relocated compared to the GEN III LS1.) estimated $1300. Easy way to make 400+ci. The heads are revised versions of the LS1 heads, assuming they are interchangeable.

In all reality it seams the LS2 is just a polished version of the LS1 with some extra displacment.

:burnout:

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
GMH GTO said:
In all reality it seams the LS2 is just a polished version of the LS1 with some extra displacment.

:burnout:
With 60 more horses and a torque curve as flat as a 10 yr old school girl!

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some have seen more torque then a Z06, another place dynoed 351hp.

All i'm after is the availablility of a bare block;)

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
I had an Auto C6 on the dyno about a month ago, it put down 343 horse with just 80 miles on the clock.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
about the same as a LS6.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the ls2 has ls6 heads on it.
According to the GM parts catalog.
'04 m6 Torrid Red GTO

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WoodManZ said:
the ls2 has ls6 heads on it.
According to the GM parts catalog.
'04 m6 Torrid Red GTO
Someone posted that on LS1tech, same part number as LS6 heads. Still unsubstantiated rumor, I dont' doubt it though.

They shouldn't call this a GEN IV (4?) cause its clearly using all GEN III parts. LS2 name is great for marketing.

That 351rwhp was from a LS2 GTO, they graph is posted on LS1tech. How someone in america has a LS2 GTO is beyond me :sneaky:

Course the GTP owner has to throw in his pessimist dyno number lol

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
400 Advertised HP * .80 - .85 net of loss factor, puts it at anywhere between 320 - 340 rwhp. As such, 2 that have dyno'd now have put down 351 and 360 which means one or two things.

1) The loss factor isn't that much in either the C6 or GTO

and/or

2) This LS2 is making a few more ponies than 400!

You guys can make your own conclusions. I'm leaning more towards 2. :)

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Using those calculations the LS2 is putting out atleast 425 at the flywheel. :cool:

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
GMH GTO said:
Someone posted that on LS1tech, same part number as LS6 heads. Still unsubstantiated rumor, I dont' doubt it though.

They shouldn't call this a GEN IV (4?) cause its clearly using all GEN III parts. LS2 name is great for marketing.

That 351rwhp was from a LS2 GTO, they graph is posted on LS1tech. How someone in america has a LS2 GTO is beyond me :sneaky:

Course the GTP owner has to throw in his pessimist dyno number lol

Actually, the LS2 has some enhancements to other parts of the engine, including some new more efficient parts, along with better gas mileage per HP than ever before (it is even lighter as well). Anyways, I believe they consider it a new generation after they make a benchmark number of changes to the engine.

·
doesnt get 29mpg
487 Posts
ls6gto said:
Actually, the LS2 has some enhancements to other parts of the engine, including some new more efficient parts, along with better gas mileage per HP than ever before (it is even lighter as well). Anyways, I believe they consider it a new generation after they make a benchmark number of changes to the engine.
ohh definetly it has alot of more new stuff then just some more cubes
they put alot of effort in it to make it even a more stronger more efficient engine

and that vette GTP dynoed probably was still breaking in
dyno that same car with a few more miles on it it will definetly make some more at the wheels

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ls6gto said:
And what changes did they make? I know they dropped about 15 lbs off the motor, relocated cam and knock sensors. This isn't like going from an LT1 to a LS1 by no means.

It has a 90mm throttle body, friction welded nylon manifold, and cylinder heads belived to be LS6s.

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
It has high flow heads similar to the LS6, but I think it will have the 3valve heads (one rocker is a Y shape to push 2 valves) see: http://www.sae.org/automag/techbriefs/09-2003/1-111-9-26.pdf from september '03, starting about 1/2 way down the page. Notice the part where they say there will be a 6.3L variant w/ 500 hp...

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
hmm, okay so maybe they abandoned that 3v idea for the first year or maybe it's just for the LS7...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Piston slap should be a thing of the past as well with the LS2 ......

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I wouldn't place any bets on that. As long as you have an aluminum block (which doesn't insulate as well as old cast iron) with lightweight, low skirted, hyperteuctic pistons, some CSK will be a evil side effect.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts