LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!

I'm a new sponsor here on LS1GTO.com/LS2GTO.com and I specialize in porting stock GM intake manifolds. My specialty is giving a performance gain from stock appearing parts. If you're into stealth or just want to avoid warranty questions at the dealer service department... I'm your man. I've been offering the LS2 intake manifold for a couple of months now and we've seen impressive gains on LS2 equipped cars like the GTO and Corvette. Typical gains are 10 SAE rwhp and 10-12 SAE rwtq. You can see dynographs and combination info posted on my website here...

http://www.ls2portworks.com/LS2_Dyno_s_1.html

I generally operate on a core exchange basis where I send you a ported intake and you return your stock intake for core refund. I've got LS2 intakes in stock and ready to go right now. Current pricing is very affordable and won't last long.

See full pricing info and options here:

http://www.ls2portworks.com/Purchase_a_Ported_Intake.html

I'll be bringing out the LS6 numbers soon, so don't think I forgot about you 2004 GTO owners!

Please feel free to contact me, those who already have know that I'm happy to answer your questions and help you formulate a plan for your GTO!

-Cory

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
well buddy Im very happy to see you have become a vendor as this is exactly one of the things I want to do in the spring. i was just wondering how this works how much it was how much power you gain. I wish I could do it now but mark my words as soon as spring comes I will be doing this exact mod.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
LITE SPD said:
I have heard there is no benifit to porting a LS6 manifold. :confused:
Very seldom is there not a benefit from porting an intake manifold. Even the mighty FAST gets better with correct porting. I'll post numbers and data when its ready.
All engines benefit from the removal of restriction.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ViciousImpulse said:
well buddy Im very happy to see you have become a vendor as this is exactly one of the things I want to do in the spring. i was just wondering how this works how much it was how much power you gain. I wish I could do it now but mark my words as soon as spring comes I will be doing this exact mod.
Thanks for the welcome, Ed. I'm happy to be here and have the opportunity to make some new friends and help some more fellow enthusiasts get more of what they want (POWER) while retaining what they need (the WARRANTY).

There are 4 different dyno (LS2 Corvettes) and 1 drag strip result (GTO) posted here with full engine mod disclosure on each one:

http://www.ls2portworks.com/LS2_Dyno_s_1.html

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
well my plans are a volant intake Im getting a P&P TB from mygoatbites before he stops doing them, I have 1.8 LS7 rockers got full JBA system going on and then I plan on a dyno tune in the spring. What do you think. In my head I think it stands to reason that I will be putting down some pretty good power I'll have a full balance of air in and air out?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ViciousImpulse said:
well my plans are a volant intake Im getting a P&P TB from mygoatbites before he stops doing them, I have 1.8 LS7 rockers got full JBA system going on and then I plan on a dyno tune in the spring. What do you think. In my head I think it stands to reason that I will be putting down some pretty good power I'll have a full balance of air in and air out?
I agree. The LS2 is a great foundation for making very good power with very few bolt-ons. Did you see the numbers on my website? Its ridiculous how few mods those cars have. I used to have to fight for every last hp to make 400rwhp out of a L98 engine. With the LS2 it's just simple. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your results.

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
Thanks and of course have a ported intake from you but that was a given haha. Yeah I saw those numbers quite impressive. My goal is 400RWHP and I think I'll be damn close after a tune so that would make me very happy and make My Vicious a happy and Fast car.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
How long until you offer a package deal on the TB and intake? That sure would make things easy for us consumers with limited downtime options. Swap everything at once and know it's all ported to match one another.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
No Problemo
731 Posts
JeffP said:
How long until you offer a package deal on the TB and intake? That sure would make things easy for us consumers with limited downtime options. Swap everything at once and know it's all ported to match one another.

Thanks,
Jeff
I'll second this notion. Also, if we send a manifold in for porting, does it have to be a bare manifold, or can we send it in with the injectors, fuel rails and sensors still in place?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Supernoma said:
I'll second this notion. Also, if we send a manifold in for porting, does it have to be a bare manifold, or can we send it in with the injectors, fuel rails and sensors still in place?
Hi Jeff,

I'm building stock on TB's as I type. I will be offering ported TB's in conjunction with the ported manifold. It will be a core return system so it will keep downtime reduced to the time it takes to swap the parts. I'll post as soon as it's ready to go!

Supernoma,

You can send it in with everything if you like, but shipping is slightly cheaper bare. I have no problem with disassembly. I'll even clean and flush your rails, clean you sensors, and the exterior of your injectors for a small additional fee. It will come back looking good and ready to go. Naturally, sending your parts in avoids the core fee, too. Contact me via email when you're ready and we'll get it going.

Thanks guys! I look forward to doing business with you! :gears:

- Cory

·
Naughty Goat
111 Posts
Highly recommend this mod

i just did this through Charris and highly recommend. He was an awesome seller with fast delivery and great workmanship. There is a definite SOP improvement.

·
Registered
995 Posts
What kind of gains do you see on a ported fast 90 setup on something like a 402 stroker?:D

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We can definitely take care of a FAST intake as well. I don't have numbers available on a 402, though.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
I have been waiting for this. I too will take a LS1 or 6 version and would like a the TB option if you go that route also. Also do you need help testing for the LS1?

Thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi guys,

I was ready for the final test of the LS6 intake yesterday but the dyno time wasn't available... I was on standby all day :( All that is holding me up is the last dyno session so I have numbers to publish on a relatively stock car (Stock CTS-V with LPE CAI, ported TB, ported LS6 intake, and 160 degree T-stat with tuning only.

I did however receive my first two LS2 TB's in on tuesday and was able to port the first one on Wednesday. Pics coming soon (probably tonight).

·
Registered
110 Posts
CHarris said:
Hi guys,

I was ready for the final test of the LS6 intake yesterday but the dyno time wasn't available... I was on standby all day :( All that is holding me up is the last dyno session so I have numbers to publish on a relatively stock car (Stock CTS-V with LPE CAI, ported TB, ported LS6 intake, and 160 degree T-stat with tuning only.

I did however receive my first two LS2 TB's in on tuesday and was able to port the first one on Wednesday. Pics coming soon (probably tonight).
I'd be interest in the numbers. That's just about my combo. LPE CAI, soon to have the P&P TB on, custom 3" X-Pipe exhaust with Borla XR1s, 160 T-Stat, but no tuning.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I beleive if we can show a gain on a relatively stock platform then the gains on a modded one should be worthwhile as well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts