LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TB is bad and I’ve read that an ls3 is plug and play on the ls2. Any info on it would greatly be appreciated. All I read is how bad ls2 TBs are so I really don’t wanna buy the same one.

·
GR-RRR!
6,298 Posts
Not only is the LS3 TB a better choice, it is often quite a bit less expensive. Be sure to get the GM version and not an aftermarket knockoff. It is plug and play. At least it was in my experience. It has proven to be a lot more reliable and though it is only anecdotal evidence I think my LS2 runs better with a stock LS3 TB than it did with a stock or ported LS2 TB.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not only is the LS3 TB a better choice, it is often quite a bit less expensive. Be sure to get the GM version and not an aftermarket knockoff. It is plug and play. At least it was in my experience. It has proven to be a lot more reliable and though it is only anecdotal evidence I think my LS2 runs better with a stock LS3 TB than it did with a stock or ported LS2 TB.
Thank you for the info. Yeah I heard a lot of people having problems with the ls2 TB. My sensors are bad in mine and a stock ls2 TB are like $200 plus vs $130 for a ls3

·
GR-RRR!
6,298 Posts
That was exactly what I was dealing with, it was constantly throwing codes and going into limp mode. I tried changing the pedal, I scrutinized and tested the wiring numerous times. I just couldn't see how the TB was bad and I tried two different LS2 TBs but the second I installed an LS3 TB my problems disappeared. I hope the same experience for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was exactly what I was dealing with, it was constantly throwing codes and going into limp mode. I tried changing the pedal, I scrutinized and tested the wiring numerous times. I just couldn't see how the TB was bad and I tried two different LS2 TBs but the second I installed an LS3 TB my problems disappeared. I hope the same experience for you.
Wow, literally sounds like what I’m going through. Except I didn’t replace the pedal. I checked the voltage on it and it was fine. I hope I order the right TB.

·
GR-RRR!
6,298 Posts
I believe the part number you want is 12605109 .

As I said above, be sure to get the AC Delco version, not one of the offshore knockoffs. Many of the knockoffs list them with that part number, you have to look at who the manufacturer is.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Never had an issue with mine. I put on a TVS1900 when they first came out and now am TT with the same TB. No issues yet and it puts down 660rwhp on E85 on a stock block with just a Brian Tooley stage 2 TT cam. Runs on 12 psi and have had no issues in the last two years on this set up. I do no tknow if changing to a LS3 TB would benefit me since I am FI.

Reactions: Jkoolaidw89
1 - 8 of 8 Posts