LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
40,185 Posts
Nic D and Mike Frumusa had no trouble. My buddy Geoff Skinner wouldn't either. Maybe some of those Farsebook or YouBoob tuners would, but not the real pros.
I tell you right now, tuning for something that big would be a struggle for me. I'd be stubborn enough to keep banging my head against the wall until i got it right, if i even could.

I might have to give one of you folks a call one day.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I tell you right now, tuning for something that big would be a struggle for me. I'd be stubborn enough to keep banging my head against the wall until i got it right, if i even could.

I might have to give one of you folks a call one day.
You would be shocked what these guys have tuned for my customers!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nic D and Mike Frumusa had no trouble. My buddy Geoff Skinner wouldn't either. Maybe some of those Farsebook or YouBoob tuners would, but not the real pros.
I've considered going a bigger cam but I really don't want to pull the heads to measure PTV clearance and/or flycut.

·
Registered
278 Posts
What one may call streetable another does not. It's up to what someone wants to live with.

...so how about posting specs on some of those combos?
That's true. I consider my car streetable as it's dead reliable, stays cool, has AC, drives nice in traffic. I don't remember what the combos guys had that were putting down 500+, talked to a few. For the most part the main thing they had different than me was a larger cam. I have a 232/236 on a 112LSA right now, fairly tame.

There is one guy on that page who is going 6.8s with a not very impressive 1.6 60'. There are a handful of other guys making 500+ and going 10.8-10.9

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Would I need to upgrade my roller rockers with a afr 230cc head and if so what kind should I get

·
Registered
2 Posts
You just confirmed what I was saying when you said “GTO drag racers”.

I want to see someone with a streetable GTO making NA 500rwhp. I don’t think it exists, so please prove me wrong.
Working on it, but if you mean on a stock bottom end you are right. I'm doing a stroker kit in mine and think 500+ will be streetable.

·
It's only cosmetic...
452 Posts
I was also curious would 3.91 gear ratio be a good upgrade for the stock 3.42
Stock is 3.46.

3.91 will help will acceleration and lower top speed. First gear will break the tires loose much easier and becomes less useable. Motive makes a 3.70 gear set for something in the middle.

·
Worthless reject member
40,185 Posts
That's true. I consider my car streetable as it's dead reliable, stays cool, has AC, drives nice in traffic. I don't remember what the combos guys had that were putting down 500+, talked to a few. For the most part the main thing they had different than me was a larger cam. I have a 232/236 on a 112LSA right now, fairly tame.

There is one guy on that page who is going 6.8s with a not very impressive 1.6 60'. There are a handful of other guys making 500+ and going 10.8-10.9
What's your ICL?

·
It's only cosmetic...
452 Posts
You just confirmed what I was saying when you said “GTO drag racers”.

I want to see someone with a streetable GTO making NA 500rwhp. I don’t think it exists, so please prove me wrong.
I just want to throw this out there. I just put down 484/519 and I have stock drivability and no lope and is very quiet. There's still more in it if I upgrade the factory cats or go with long tubes. I will be shooting some video this weekend and I will post the link when I upload it.

·
Worthless reject member
40,185 Posts
I just want to throw this out there. I just put down 484/519 and I have stock drivability and no lope and is very quiet. There's still more in it if I upgrade the factory cats or go with long tubes. I will be shooting some video this weekend and I will post the link when I upload it.

View attachment 502294
tell meh yo displacement, and yo manifrold pressurz at wot plz k thx.

·
2006GTO M6 dd-drag-roadcourse
1,505 Posts
Late to the party...

got a buddy with 05 gto. LS3 top end.

stock ls3 heads and ls3 intake with a btr stage 4 cam, x-air intake.

Made pretty good power. Not 500 hundred but its up there. His drive-ability didnt seem too bad. Although at his power level he would play hell trying to get around my stock gto on the street. Spinning aint winning:cool:

483hp / 454Tq

Reactions: dclaw_fantum

·
Registered
228 Posts
Trickflow heads plus cam is all you need = 580 hp at crank
Summit Trick Flow® GenX® Top-End Engine Kits for GM LS TFS-K326-580-520
oem ls3 intake would be helpful also (Fast is good)
Fuel pump upgrade would be nice also.

Spining the tires, IS NOT WINING! = Better figure out how to get 500 RWhp to grab at start.

Lastly, get good broom and dustpan, to be able to pick up the stuff that breaks - assuming you can stop it.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts