LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 148 Posts

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got the tank pulled to swap my DW65c for a DW300c. 265lph vs 340lph, and the DW300c flows 295lph at 60PSI so it should be enough for me. Stock fuel setup other than the lines that meet the fuel rail, 61PSI when the pump is running according to a mechanical gauge.

Since I was under the car to detach/reattach the fuel lines, I went ahead and installed the no-weld bung for my AFR sensor.

Attachments

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got the Maverick Man CF instrument cluster bezel. Got it off Ebay for 250 - I was so shocked it was available I pm'd the guy after I bought, and surprisingly, he said it was available for two months lol I just needed an extra gauge pod so it all worked out. TOP NOTCH QUALITY.

Looks so damn good.

Attachments

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got the supercharger coolant lines routed. In this pic where the circle is, I'll add a 90* fitting to avoid any issues with the grill or pinching. Got the pump mounted as well.

Also, I currently have VMR v710 square setup 18x8.5 +35 and need more meat in the rear. Picked up some MRR GT7 in 18x9.5 in the rear but they did no clear my brembos in the front, so, I got two pairs of wheels for sale now LOL

(Car is a lot lower on coilovers, but the front of the vehicle is up on jack stands so there is a gap)

Picked up a forged set of wheels and can't wait til they get here! I went with 19s this time. I bought them in matte black but here is a photo of them in hyper black to show the wheel better.

Matte black

Attachments

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Got it started.

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
With tax season here and tons of folks saying they're going full tax return baller and LSA swapping, I thought this thread would have more clicks and questions. Guess I'll stop updating and leave this last pic here!

Attachments

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,009 Posts
Along for the ride, the only question is how big does my tax return need to be to replicate. ;-)

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Forged wheels came in! My VMRs were great, but 8.5 in the rear wasn't enough to slap a good size tire on. After buying and fitting the MRRs, they did not clear my brembos, so I bought another set. Garage looks like a tire shop for now! I have both the VMR v710s and MRR GT7s being sold tomorrow!

They look crazy good IMO. I have some Michelin Pilot Super Sports for the rear and Bridgestone Potenza for the fronts going on in the morning. I'll take more pics then.

Attachments

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Delivery of the hood was pushed back to Monday/Tuesday timeframe. Damn freight company. But the Mavman Cowl will be here soon and I will be adding a heat extractor to it so stay tuned! It will turn out great! Definitely will be unique.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The wheels look good. I was hoping you were gonna go for the hyper black finish you posted.

Your front calipers are the 4 piston CTSVs?

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The wheels look good. I was hoping you were gonna go for the hyper black finish you posted.

Your front calipers are the 4 piston CTSVs?
I said in that post they would be matte black, I only posted the hyper black to show the wheel off better. They look unlike any setup I've seen on a GTO, they look better than pics can show right now. I will back out of the garage this morning and take better photos.

They are Camaro SS brembos, which I believe are the same difference. I will be switching to 6 pot fronts eventually, purely for looks lol the 4 pot f/r were a massive difference and stopping power is phenomenal. I recommend buying them in the color you like, or powered coating them - I painted them with caliper paint but some paint peeled after bleeding them and not cleaning the fluid off in time.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
I missed the part that you were getting the matte black. The fitment looks super aggressive at the fenders (looks great). What wheel and tire specs are you running?

I really want the 6 piston fronts as well, more for looks as well, but I know the wheels I want to run won’t clear and they still might be tight with the four piston.

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
MAVMAN HOOD ARRIVED. LIGHT AS A FEATHER. BEAUTIFUL TO THE POINT WHERE PICS DONT DO IT JUSTICE!

ALSO, THIS IS VERY FITTING FOR MY 100TH POST!

... NOW TO DO SOME MODIFYING AND MAKE IT 1 OF 1 HEHEHEHE

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
MAVMAN HOOD ARRIVED. LIGHT AS A FEATHER. BEAUTIFUL TO THE POINT WHERE PICS DONT DO IT JUSTICE!

ALSO, THIS IS VERY FITTING FOR MY 100TH POST!

... NOW TO DO SOME MODIFYING AND MAKE IT 1 OF 1 HEHEHEHE
does it have a hood latch at all? i know seibons typically do but they still "require" hood pins/latches.

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
does it have a hood latch at all? i know seibons typically do but they still "require" hood pins/latches.
Well, it doesn't have a hood latch, but, it has the provisions for you to swap the latch/spring over from the OEM hood, as well as the hood struts.
Also, funny you mention seibon since that is where this mavman hood shipped from according to the shipping details. Here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Burnin Blk Gold ... Texas 'T'
770 Posts
Nice build thread ... thx for posting all of this

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well, it doesn't have a hood latch, but, it has the provisions for you to swap the latch/spring over from the OEM hood, as well as the hood struts.
Also, funny you mention seibon since that is where this mavman hood shipped from according to the shipping details. Here are some pics:

right on. that hood keeps growing on me everytime i see it

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I've been trying to wait until it is finished before posting but I cannot contain my excitement. Brand new Mavman hood I brought to my body guy with my vision and he is making it happen. Fully functional heat extractor with rain tray! Almost done. It needs a coat of paint on the underside, then the dynaliner. I'll post the final results in a day or so! LOOKS MUCH BETTER IN PERSON.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 148 Posts