81 - 100 of 149 Posts

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've been following this thread. Incredible work performed for sure. This section doesn't get much traffic so don't get discouraged if only a few respond to the posts. There are lurkers who enjoy following your project. Also, outside of the lounge and the DR this site is not as busy compared to its earlier years.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm inspired for sure. Just finished my LS3 NA build in my 04 and this is the next step. I'm hesitant to go cutting on the stock hood, looks like you went with the mavman cowl, how do you like it? Also, what air intake set up is that going over the radiator? Love that you did all this yourself, you and I are the same. I'm weighing the option of adding LSA to my current setup or starting a new LS build on something like a Porsche 944.

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I've been following this thread. Incredible work performed for sure. This section doesn't get much traffic so don't get discouraged if only a few respond to the posts. There are lurkers who enjoy following your project. Also, outside of the lounge and the DR this site is not as busy compared to its earlier years.
Thank you! And I just figured with the heavy amount of messages I get on FB and IG (over 75 message requests on FB, it is cumbersome) that this thread would be lively, but its all good.. I'll keep posting

Bro you still at it??

Where the mexico videos
I have some Mexico runs on my IG, still filming enough material to make one long video. I have found cars here are either too slow, or too fast, nothing really competitive. The strip isn't really my scene, but I'm working on changing that.

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
Picked my bumper up yesterday! My guy Bobby always gets it done. I did pick it up early in an attempt to go to a car show, but it ended up not working out. The 'unique' portion I alluded to in earlier posts was a yellow accent on the "D" of the lower grill - but last minute I canceled that idea thinking I'd have to change the emblems yellow, although it'd match the brembos perfectly. I don't like SAP upper grills, they look grand-prix-ish to me, the stock grills are the best in my opinion!

I ceramic coated it myself this morning and it turned out great. I ended up tipping the bottle over on accident and spilling it everywhere smh ($70 down the drain) and have less than 1/4 left. That bottle was supposed to last years, as I only used it on the hood to protect the carbon fiber, as well as the front bumper.

I took a vote on my instagram, as I usually do, and the people chose for me to go aluminum instead of the sleeper black heat exchanger. Aluminum BARELY won. To my surprise, the HX was a massive upgrade in size and capacity (I ordered blind, as I usually do). I did have to remove the lower air dam, but with all the cooling upgrades I have I doubt I'll miss it. For the first 3-4 months I owned my GTO, it didn't have an air dam.

Another benefit is not having a hose run along the front of the HX. Less hose, less bends.

Attachments

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
Before I could mount my bumper, I had to either replace the bumper clips, or add a new means of attaching it. I added a Quik-Latch to it! Measured once, cut about 3-4x!!!

Kinda silly, but about 12 hours into my 48 hour cure period for the ceramic coat, I drilled into my bumper for the quick latch. I should've done this first! Had to blow dust and shavings off of the bumper as well as use a microfiber to softly whisk away debris. Stepped drill bit made quick work, and a dremel to flatten the backside so the nut would tightly secure the latch.

You can see the Quik-Latch here. Bumper is secure! Driver side is a bit low, but I'll leave it alone for now.

Attachments

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Completely changed the look of the car (ignore the smudge on the hood)!

Attachments

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Nice looking front end. Almost makes the bumper and hood mismatch disappear.
That is fair, I never realized how ugly my original front end was until the facelift. I think a Mavman spoiler will balance the front and rear. Maybe even a diffuser.

Attachments

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I posted these in the FB page since I get so many questions about my intake. Colt, understandably, has left a bad taste in a few folks mouths... But my IATs are phenomenal. With the new HX, I got IATs (read from the lid / IAT2) within 1* of ambient with highway cruising, and 3-5* consistently with spirited highway driving (shoots up and right down WOT), and 5-7* in moderate traffic in the city hitting every light (Bell rd). It is important to note that due to the law of thermodynamics, it is not possible to be below ambient air temps without something like an interchiller, which is overkill for my setup of just 7lbs where I will stay. It gets 110+ here, and on days like that it'll sit in the garage lol

Mid day here. First time driving in two weeks so I drove aggressively on the backroads and pulled into an empty lot and idled for about 10min taking photos. Short highway drive and I snapped this photo.

This was later that evening. Peaceful cruise. Temps switched between 1-3* of ambient at 70mph.

Attachments

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Here is a walk-around vid

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Jesus. One of the meanest looking gto’s out there. Especially for a 15 year old jelly bean.
Means a lot man. Thanks.

Sick. Ever considered a drag wheel setup? I’m contemplating that now
I have, I do want some 15x10 welds in the rear. Traction is an issue. I bought some Racestars but them shits said made in China so I sold them. Welds are made here in the US and look much better anyway, they'll probably be my next mod.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Geez that exhaust is quiet! Can barely even here it running! I like it, makes the car more unassuming despite the sinister freaking front end look, great job on that btw. I'm looking at billet specialties streetlites and welds for my junk.

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #98 (Edited)
Geez that exhaust is quiet! Can barely even here it running! I like it, makes the car more unassuming despite the sinister freaking front end look, great job on that btw. I'm looking at billet specialties streetlites and welds for my junk.
3" Magnaflow. Pure garbage, so many people like it but I miss my 2.5" Borla (vids of it on my channel), but wanted a 3" system for the blower. I'm cutting the mufflers out and replacing them with Borlas again.

Only credit I give to Magnaflow is it is loud WOT, and I get a lot of compliments from people who spot me on the road.

I am catless LTs btw. Infuriating how quiet it is.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,117 Posts
Front bumper quick release latch mount idea is cool. Ease of access to service things and it eliminates the problematic factory piece, win win.

81 - 100 of 149 Posts