LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far, I *think* I've only seen one LS6 top-end conversion done here. Is it that the cam is too mild for those of you who are switching out your cams for the Comp Cams or the StealthII cams, or is it too hot?

I was just wondering why more people are raiding the GM parts bin...

Done thinking outloud now...thanks for reading.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
LS6 cam is good but its intake duration is bit to the low side and LSA is very high. Very top end. You are supposed to use longer pushrods if you swap in a LS6 cam to a LS1. The base circle on LS6 cam is .050 smaller then LS1 cam. The valves on a LS6 are .050 taller to make up for this and use typical GEN III pushrods.

LS6 heads use valves that are very good, hollow sodium filled, very light for faster reving and providing the valve springs better reliablility.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
A waste of money personally. If I'm gonna do a cam, I'm going custom grind and getting the most out of it that I can, not to mention, I will eventually want one ground for a blower. The LS6 is a nice bump up, but for the same $$$, one can get some nasty bumpsticks out there.

As to heads, the same is true.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
I will eventually want one ground for a blower
:hail:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Hey, why not "compliment" the blower?

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
If I'm gonna do a cam, I'm going custom grind and getting the most out of it that I can, not to mention, I will eventually want one ground for a blower.
:D

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts