LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, let's see if I can make sense with this, new to this. Here is my question, I have heard a few times where I live that these guys are pulling off ls6 intakes off of these corvettes and putting them on their ls2 GTO's, now I may have miss understood but that is what I have heard and what I was wanting to know is if an ls6 intake manifold would fit on my 2005 gto (acourse with the ls2) and if it does is it worth finding one to buy and putting on. Any power gain? I would greatly appreciate it and comments. Thanks

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,647 Posts
what he said.

The LS6 intake manifold is what was on the 04GTO for the LS1 - it's part of what made it unique. But LS6 intake manifold is not for an LS2/3

·
Administrator
8,054 Posts
You live among idiots then as that's a dumb thing to do. An LS6 intake on an LS2 engine is going backwards.

·
16,334 Posts
2 outta 3 characterz ain't bad

·
Super Moderator
11,022 Posts
Be baller and buy a FAST intake. The LS2 intake is ok but not great. No way I could bring myself to put a Dorman intake on anything I truly cared about, but that's just me.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,117 Posts
Be baller and buy a FAST intake. The LS2 intake is ok but not great. No way I could bring myself to put a Dorman intake on anything I truly cared about, but that's just me.
The Dorman is a copy of the FAST lower with different runners. It is one molded piece, but it has proven to be a decent performer, especially with porting.

·
Super Moderator
11,022 Posts
The Dorman is a copy of the FAST lower with different runners. It is one molded piece, but it has proven to be a decent performer, especially with porting.
Oh I wasn't meaning to sound clueless. I know their popularity. I also have experienced much Dorman garbage in the last 10 years. Their products seem to be very hit or miss. I just try to avoid that company anymore. Color me a parts snob lol.

·
Worthless reject member
38,043 Posts
Oh I wasn't meaning to sound clueless. I know their popularity. I also have experienced much Dorman garbage in the last 10 years. Their products seem to be very hit or miss. I just try to avoid that company anymore. Color me a parts snob lol.
it totally is a decent performer, but the FAST is still better.

to quote ferris:

·
Administrator
8,054 Posts
Why's that? I thought the ls6 was a better flowing intake then the ls2? Even with the smaller throttle body.
Because porting the LS6 for the larger throttle body, obtaining longer injectors or injector spacers, and relocating the MAP aren’t worth it when you consider a FAST 92 (or even better a 102) is an exponentially better purchase for an LS2 motor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts