LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 427 LPE set up in my 04 GTO. It's good but I also have a 65 GTO that I'm doing a Morrison chassis and late model suspension on. I think I'm going to TT the 65 with another 427 LS I have but want some advise on weather to put the ls7 heads and manifold on the 04 and the LPE ls6 ported version with TT on the 65. The 04 is a daily driver and the 65 will be a resto blow the mind kinda deal. Will the LS7 heads and manifold help the normally aspporated 427 more than the TT 427? I understand the 2 V's ( volume and volocity) but just want some input and opinion as to where the LS7 heads would do the most good. Thanks G'pa :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Southside Tuner
647 Posts
they would be great on either, the LS7 heads flow like Mofos, I dont think the TT's would have a problem with them either, you cant lose either way.

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you want to save a little a money you can put the best heads on the NA project. Turbo's and FI and can blow right through ordinary heads no problem. Great heads make FI better but aren't required if on a budget.

You should consider getting the LS7 intake ported either way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heads

CHarris said:
If you want to save a little a money you can put the best heads on the NA project. Turbo's and FI and can blow right through ordinary heads no problem. Great heads make FI better but aren't required if on a budget.

You should consider getting the LS7 intake ported either way.

I kinda think the same way on the force feed concept. I'm a bit old school and coming into the computer controlled stuff, remapping, etc, think it would be really cool on the old 65 to have all that electronic stuff plus the TT but want the most out of the one I got now also. what kinda gains would you expect to see with the NA LS7 heads and manifold over the LPE ported heads and fast with a 90 on the 427? Thanks G'pa

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bet that the LS7 stuff will make a little more power up top, because of the bigger port size, but the lingenfelter stuff will works better in the low to midrange because of the increased port velocity. Just my opinion. Sounds like you got some cool stuff going on however you look at it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Smokin Joe said:
I bet that the LS7 stuff will make a little more power up top, because of the bigger port size, but the lingenfelter stuff will works better in the low to midrange because of the increased port velocity. Just my opinion. Sounds like you got some cool stuff going on however you look at it.
Ur right about moving the power curve up a bit, but with what I got now, Ist gear is a waste with 450 hp at the wheel at 2000. Kinda trying to figure how far up and steady state cruising at 1800 with the LS7 heads and manifold. E fisciancy etc. The 65, with a TT would not need the heads as much I don't think. Force feed stuff is way more forgiving on the heads but is more cam sensative.

More input please. Thanks G'pa:gears:

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Dont bother with the LS7 heads and intake unless your going max effort. The L92 heads and intake are out now. They are only 300 a piece assembled and they flow a hair less than the LS7 heads. A little harder to come by but they are available. If your wondering what the L92 is, its the new 6.2L thats in the new Escalades. SDPC would be the place to contact since last time I checked they have been getting a lot of L92 stuff and they are doing a lot of research on it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Oh4GTO said:
Dont bother with the LS7 heads and intake unless your going max effort. The L92 heads and intake are out now. They are only 300 a piece assembled and they flow a hair less than the LS7 heads. A little harder to come by but they are available. If your wondering what the L92 is, its the new 6.2L thats in the new Escalades. SDPC would be the place to contact since last time I checked they have been getting a lot of L92 stuff and they are doing a lot of research on it.

Already got um, complete heads, manifold, pushrods, keepers, lash caps, rockers ported and coated. I agreee on the L92 stuff cause I researched it also. Its which car do they go in, the 04 GTO or the 65 GTO with the morrison chassis, both are LS 427's. The 427 in the 04 is pretty stout, but I think it will work better in the 65 with the TT's. The 2 V's play a big role in this and are affect by cubes so looked at the L92 and the LS7 from the cube side. I talked to the guys at SDPC and he kinda headed toward the 7's cause of the cubes. Your thoughts? :confused: thanks

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
I say put the L92 heads in the 65 and 7's in the GTO. Your TTs will obviously pick up the slack of the slightly less flowing heads. However, I dont know how good the L92 heads are as far as FI and if they have enough deck height to hold them together. The L92 block is 4.065 and LS7 4.125 (but you knew that already) so Im not sure how the combusion chamber will fare either. Dont know how much it would be to enlargen the L92 CCs or if it would be practical.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
How bout ET perf. LS7 heads, LS7 manifold a UMI thottle body and Twin T66 precision turbos?

On a 3/4 pass it did 8.66....... without boost launching
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580934&page=1&pp=10

However speculating since its a LPE motor it is a resleeved block? Not the ideal foundation for FI, unless its a C5R block.

·
Ho's b4 Bro's
2,148 Posts
Even with a 1000rwhp expect to be shunned by the old school GTO/Pontiac crowd. It's heresey to bastardize a GTO with a chevy motor (even a monster like the one you have planned). To add insult to injury, the old school Chevy crowd won't like you either because it's a Pontiac.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hawkeye said:
Even with a 1000rwhp expect to be shunned by the old school GTO/Pontiac crowd. It's heresey to bastardize a GTO with a chevy motor (even a monster like the one you have planned). To add insult to injury, the old school Chevy crowd won't like you either because it's a Pontiac.
Funny, I got an old 455 .030 RAIV engine, 4 bolt, cross drilled nitriated crank egine with Round port hedders from Nunzi that I could stuff in there but the tech stuff is just to tempting and easier to live with in modern terms. Corporate engine stuff kinda eased us out a while ago, but that old 455 just won't take the abused planned.

I hear ya on the old school, new school stuff, but being 60 + with great grand kids and an 11 year old still at home, I gotta learn new stuff, Right? Gg'pa

:gr_devil: :secret::gears:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts