LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding a LSA blower on my forged LS2, so, I am doing a CTS-V LSA accessory drive, my problem is how im going to get the AC to work, or lined up. I don’t think running a CTS-V compressor will work… does anyone with a LSA blower or anyone running CTS-V accessories know what to do here..? I don’t have the compressor bolted but I have the stock bracket so you can see how it lines up. Thanks.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I remember you will need a C6 A/C bracket and your GTO compressor fitted with a C5 A/C clutch.
Okay, I ended up ordering a C5 bracket a few days back because it looks like it will line up. Hopefully they’re similar… but I will order the clutch too. Hopefully that works. I’ll update this thread once I find out what works since there really isn’t anything out about this topic.

·
Registered
2005 yellow jacket M6, stock bottom end, 823 heads, BTR stage 3 PDS cam, D1-SC, McLeod RXT1200
30 Posts
Okay, I ended up ordering a C5 bracket a few days back because it looks like it will line up. Hopefully they’re similar… but I will order the clutch too. Hopefully that works. I’ll update this thread once I find out what works since there really isn’t anything out about this topic.
Did you end up getting it to work? Did you use a c5 or c6 bracket? And c5 or c6 clutch? I am starting to get a pile of parts together to try and get my swap started and having a hard time finding information on a dedicated drive setup

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you end up getting it to work? Did you use a c5 or c6 bracket? And c5 or c6 clutch? I am starting to get a pile of parts together to try and get my swap started and having a hard time finding information on a dedicated drive setup
Yes, I used the C5 bracket, and transferred the pulley and tensioner. I haven’t swapped the compressor clutch yet but I’m getting the C5 clutch, everything else lines up so far.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For anyone looking at this in the future, to do a LSA accessory drive swap using stock A/C, I used a C5 Corvette A/C bracket #12556444 and ordered bolts #11516360 & #12552922 and reused 2 of the factory mounting bolts to mount the compressor, I cut one of them to mount that middle bolt on the bracket to the block. I ordered a C5 corvette compressor clutch assembly, and a belt tensioner #89049314, idler pulley #19188063 and belt #88932541

·
Registered Winner
9,206 Posts
For anyone looking at this in the future, to do a LSA accessory drive swap using stock A/C, I used a C5 Corvette A/C bracket #12556444 and ordered bolts #11516360 & #12552922 and reused 2 of the factory mounting bolts to mount the compressor, I cut one of them to mount that middle bolt on the bracket to the block. I ordered a C5 corvette compressor clutch assembly, and a belt tensioner #89049314, idler pulley #19188063 and belt #88932541
You should edit your original post with a "problem solved".

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just finished up replacing the clutch on mine this weekend with the C5 and ordered the bolts for the C6 bracket. I had no idea which bolts worked for the bracket so I just ordered all of'em.

Nice work though as this will certainly help someone else out in the future.

Reactions: SRGoat

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Post up some pictures of the compressor install with the new brackets.
Sorry for the late response, here’s some pictures. Another thing to note - make sure the dipstick is in before the compressor is bolted up… there’s almost no room after the compressor is moved back as you can see. Also forgot to mention you have to grind the engine mount bracket and relocate the ground, which I located on the compressor bracket itself.
Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Bicycle part Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Rim

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks great. What year is your car? I'm trying to find a plug-n-play alternator adapter harness for my 04 as I've read the 04-07 Cadillac CTSV alternator will work from another thread.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great. What year is your car? I'm trying to find a plug-n-play alternator adapter harness for my 04 as I've read the 04-07 Cadillac CTSV alternator will work from another thread.
That I don’t know, I’m not that far yet. Car is a 2006, I know they have a 2 pin and 4 pin alternator, my vehicle is a 2 pin. I believe the correct part number for the alternator is 23480515, has a 2 pin connector from the pictures.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That I don’t know, I’m not that far yet. Car is a 2006, I know they have a 2 pin and 4 pin alternator, my vehicle is a 2 pin. I believe the correct part number for the alternator is 23480515, has a 2 pin connector from the pictures.
Not sure you can use the 09+ alternator even if it was 2p connector as I think they are ECU controlled. The 04-07 V alternator is still basically the same setup and fits in the 09+ bracket however is not ECU controlled. I'm pretty sure you'd be after P/N 3342931A (That's GM #).

Lot of good info here: Dirty Dingo Motorsports - Pages - LS Conversion Swap Information

Believe you can set it up with Pin B and resistor (470 ohm) on 4p connector to Pin B on 2p connector and may have to disable dash light if it's not happy.

If you are trying not to cut the OEM female 2p alternator connector (like myself) and want a plug-n-play setup it would probably easier to purchase Holley alternator harness 197-400 as that is a one wire 4p with the resistor purchase and purchase the male connector for the Mitsubishi style alternator to plug into OEM female 2p connector. Based on the info from Dirty Dingo the corresponding male 2p connector is P/N 7122-6224-40 (Yazaki catalog). Looks like a couple weeks to get though as they are coming from across the big pond. I'll follow up that the connector is in fact correct (well that and it gets here).

Reactions: SRGoat

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure you can use the 09+ alternator even if it was 2p connector as I think they are ECU controlled. The 04-07 V alternator is still basically the same setup and fits in the 09+ bracket however is not ECU controlled. I'm pretty sure you'd be after P/N 3342931A (That's GM #).

Lot of good info here: Dirty Dingo Motorsports - Pages - LS Conversion Swap Information

Believe you can set it up with Pin B and resistor (470 ohm) on 4p connector to Pin B on 2p connector and may have to disable dash light if it's not happy.

If you are trying not to cut the OEM female 2p alternator connector (like myself) and want a plug-n-play setup it would probably easier to purchase Holley alternator harness 197-400 as that is a one wire 4p with the resistor purchase and purchase the male connector for the Mitsubishi style alternator to plug into OEM female 2p connector. Based on the info from Dirty Dingo the corresponding male 2p connector is P/N 7122-6224-40 (Yazaki catalog). Looks like a couple weeks to get though as they are coming from across the big pond. I'll follow up that the connector is in fact correct (well that and it gets here).
That is a good article. I could see that being so on a '04 as you have... but an '06 like I have would be ECU controlled... if this article is correct so theoretically, at least for me the '09+ should work? That's what I am getting from it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts