LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New here, and looking for some help.

We recently purchased an LSA Supercharger kit off a ZL1 camaro. The LSA was originally for our 2015 Chevy SS (LS3). Turns out, plans have changed and we are no longer looking to LSA the Chevy SS. We would like to now LSA my GTO. We have never done a supercharger build before, so we are learning as we go. I have most of the major parts to complete the LSA, minus small odds and ends. The parts I already have include the LSA supercharger, ZL1 lid, heat exchanger, heat exchanger pump, all hoses to pump and heat exchanger, belts, pulleys, solid isolator, injectors, fuel rails, etc.

I have done as much research as I can to find some of the different wiring harnesses/adapters I will need, and the belt drive adapter for the crank pulley. I have noticed that most LSA builds are being done on 6.0 GTO's or bigger.

Curious to see if anyone has done one on a 5.7, and if so, If I could get a little bit of guidance on the electrical side of the build (TB,MAP,MAF,Pump).

Thanks Everyone in Advance!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Try the 04-06 GTO facebook page, quite a few people have done LSA swaps on 5.7s there. Also keep in mind that unless you change out the pulley on the blower itself then you will need to switch to an LSA front engine accessory setup. If you're just looking for the correct offset pulley, look into BoostDistrict. They're the ones who really pioneered the LSA kits on GTOs and I'm sure they would sell you what you need. I got my kit from them but I have a 6.0 so can't help you with an LS1 install

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try the 04-06 GTO facebook page, quite a few people have done LSA swaps on 5.7s there. Also keep in mind that unless you change out the pulley on the blower itself then you will need to switch to an LSA front engine accessory setup. If you're just looking for the correct offset pulley, look into BoostDistrict. They're the ones who really pioneered the LSA kits on GTOs and I'm sure they would sell you what you need. I got my kit from them but I have a 6.0 so can't help you with an LS1 install
Thankyou!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my kit from them but I have a 6.0 so can't help you with an LS1 install
Sorry for high jacking the thread. Squag27 how is the kit from Boostdistrict? I've been debating on either heads and cam or supercharging. I'm leaning toward a supercharger because of being able to basically retain stock drivability. However, because I only want 500 hp or so it's hard to justify coughing up 7-8k for a maggie or procharger.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Its all good. The kits are pretty comprehensive and have decent instructions to go along with it. Roshan runs the company and is super easy to get ahold of if you have any questions. I would like to warn the both of you though that The LSA blower may or may not fit under your stock hood. Its basically a requirement to go with the lowered motor mounts from Hinson and you will probably have to cut the hood as well. Every car is different however and mine still didn't fit with the aforementioned modifications so I ended up going with LS3 heads and a good blower cam at the same time to get rid of the square to cathedral port head adapters that are required for a stock LS2. I spent a pretty penny on my setup but at the end of the day it was all in still cheaper than a good Procharger setup and now I have one badass daily..

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
ls3 heads wont work on the ls1 just in case anyone was wondering. The valves are too big and will hit the cylinder walls.
you'll need at least 60Lb injectors. i'm running 13psi right now and ive still got a little more i can go up.
fuel pump: I'm running an aeromotive 340, but soon ran out of volume storage with the stock fuel pump module bucket. I upgraded to the 8.1 bucket mod (do a search) and i've run out again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 05 so the only issue I would possibly have is hood clearance if I decided against ls3 heads. Regarding fueling issues, I'm not looking for gobs of power so I would think larger injectors and possibly a boost a pump kit would be okay. Or, is it better to replace the pump for peace of mind? Thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have LS3 heads, a Texas speed stage 2 blower cam, and LSA blower being fed off from a proxses dw400 kit. I also went with a set of 1000cc injectors to round the package out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts