LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I bought my GTO 2 years ago, I’ve always wanted to make it faster than it already is. So a couple of months ago I decided to do an LSA swap. I was contemplating on purchasing the boost district kit, which is a good deal, but I ended up buying and piecing everything together because I don’t have all the funds to buy the kit.

First I ended up buying a blower on eBay for $1400, which is a lot considering these were selling for about $600 to $800 last year ( should of bought back then). Then I purchased the ZL1 lid which I got for $535 on eBay. I thought it was a great deal since they{ZL1 lid} go for around $600 to $700. I also purchased the isolator and the supercharger oil. Then I started to look at what other parts I would need so I started going on forums like this one and going on YouTube. To behonest, I found YouTube to be the most most useful source of information to do the LSA swap. So I ended up all the harness extensions for the map sensor, evap purge, and throttle body,

The LS2 has forged bottom end with LS3 heads was also bored to 4.030 thus making the LS2 into a 408 stroker. Has Manley pistons, 4.000 K1 Technologies crank, 6.125 connecting rods. LS2 has 68k miles when stroked and now has 72k from new lsa build.

OK so first I took off the LS3 intake and cleaned off the surfaces. I test for the blower and didn’t fit. I forgot that the blower has a guide pin on the passenger side of the blower so I cut it off. So after test fitting and cleaning the top surface I started to install the new isolator and cleaned off the blower. I drained the supercharger oil and put in new oil.

While I was waiting for other parts to come in, i didn’t know what accessory drive i wanted to go with. I was looking on getting the olsen kit but after reading forums and talking to other guys they told me the CTSV accessory drive was the best way to go. So I ended up going with the CTSV front accessory drive from Chevy Performamce. It was a little expensive at $967 but well worth it. My only concern was the power steering connection hardlines, Which I ended up modifying. My other concern was the ac compressor. A couple of guys who have done the LSA swap with the CTSV accessory drive said all I had to do was use the stock ac compressor but I had to change the pulley/clutch to a C5 corvette pulley/clutch and switch the stock Gto ac bracket to a C6 corvette bracket. Now, you do have to grind the motor mount bracket a little to make it fit but it wasn’t a big deal and it doesn’t affect the integrity and structure of the motor mount bracket.

I started to piece together the Build, the lsa blower was installed at this point omg with the accessories. Before I forget I ended up going with BTR blower cam stage 3.

So with everything installed the only thing left was the power steering issue as I stated before. What I ended up doing was cutting off the nipple of the hard line and I ended up doing a 6 an fitting and flaring the hardline to connect the braided an hose. It was a success.

Here are the parts I ended up getting for the build:

1. LSA BLOWER
2. LSA LID
3. Isolator
4. Super charger oil
5. FIC 850cc injectors
6. New lsa ZL1 fuel rail
7.new blower gasket( the square orange one)
8. BTR positive displacement blower cam star 3
9. DW300 fuel pump
10. CTSV accessory drive
11. Purge solenoid
12. Casper’s wiring harness mad/iat part #
CEI-108136
13. Map sensor extension
14. Canton reservoir part # 80-242
15. cxracing heat exchanger
16. C5 ac compressor pulley
17.C6 ac compressor bracket
18. Ls9 head gaskets
19. Ls9 valve covers
20. Cobalt map sensor part # 12615136
21. Non-Sponsor strut tower
22. Cowl hood
23. Johnson heat exchanger pump
24. LS3 heads or you can go with head adapters
25. Brake vacuum hose part <176-1731
26. Ls7 lifters
27. Manley hardened pushrods 7.400
28. New water pump hoses

I may be missing some parts but that’s most or all of the parts needed.

DONT FORGET THE TUNE!!

let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I've never done an install like this but I'm jealous of those who have. You seem to have done the proper research and the finished product looks gorgeous! What exhaust are you running and any ideas on the numbers she's putting down? Congrats, I bet she puts a huge smile on your face every time you start her up and get her moving.........

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Nice work...looks great.

I did the LSA accessories 2 years ago. I figured it out the hard way because it hadn’t been done yet. I did the C6 bracket, C5 clutch on a gto compressor and did not have to grind anything, so I’m trying to think of what was different.

Also, I did 7.400 push rods, LS9 heads/Head gaskets and LS7 lifters. Then checked my length and was 0.050” too long with the LS7 lifters. I had a very similar setup before I changed the entire valve train and ditched the LSA.

·
The battle of wits has begun.
2,279 Posts
What did you do for hood clearance with the zl1 lid

1. LSA BLOWER
2. LSA LID
3. Isolator
4. Super charger oil
5. FIC 850cc injectors
6. New lsa ZL1 fuel rail
9. DW300 fuel pump
10. CTSV accessory drive
11. Purge solenoid
CEI-108136
13. Map sensor extension
18. Ls9 head gaskets
19. Ls9 valve covers
22. Cowl hood
26. Ls7 lifters
28. New water pump hoses

I'm also interested in your numbers and you didn't want to spend $3,700.00 on the kit but it sounds like you shot way passed it! But again you got the better parts and supporting mods that are necessary so I understand.

Also, do you have any plans for the intake, or leave it as is, sucking in hot air?

·
Registered
115 Posts

1. LSA BLOWER
2. LSA LID
3. Isolator
4. Super charger oil
5. FIC 850cc injectors
6. New lsa ZL1 fuel rail
9. DW300 fuel pump
10. CTSV accessory drive
11. Purge solenoid
CEI-108136
13. Map sensor extension
18. Ls9 head gaskets
19. Ls9 valve covers
22. Cowl hood
26. Ls7 lifters
28. New water pump hoses
:punch: :lol:

·
Registered
668 Posts
+1.

I'm currently fpfqing up a cowl out of plexiglass. Once completed and it looks like shit I'll pony up for a cowl hood. Interested in what others are using now a days.
Standing by for pics of the dining room table with plexiglass bits lying about.

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
363 Posts
@ Buddy Rebel:

Nice build. I'm kinda jealous of all the people who have gotten their LSA builds done! Out of curiosity, are you going to do anything else to that engine cover, or leave it alone?

@ Dangernoodle:

Kudo's on the hood!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts