LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in the process of making the list of what I want to do to my car.

I was thinking heads/cam/fast intake/102 TB and supporting mods but lately I've started thinking for the cost of the Fast Intake and 102 TB Im 1/2 way to a LSA supercharger.

Also I'm changing my heads anyhow I could go LS3 heads and not need adapters.

I don't want to swap hoods or cut mine up so this is my question

Will the LSA Blower clear with the CTS-V Lid if I run LS3 heads and swap motor mounts for a little more clearance?

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Yes. You may have to gently massage the hood support but when I ran an LSA it cleared.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. You may have to gently massage the hood support but when I ran an LSA it cleared.
Thanks for the quick response, I've noticed most people switch to a cowl hood.
All the info I could find was people running the ZL1 Lid or LSA to LS2 adapters which both cause clearance issues

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Even with the adapters, if you cut the hood brace it will clear a stock hood.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,489 Posts
Lower motor mounts help too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
With mine even when I massaged the hood the LSA rubbed on mine. If I didn't run LS3 heads it wouldn't have fit at all.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
What is all necessary to get the belt drive to work? Its listed as a "belt drive adapter kit" but what does that include or how much different is the offset? Sorry I know nothing about LSA's, but was just curious.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
What is all necessary to get the belt drive to work? Its listed as a "belt drive adapter kit" but what does that include or how much different is the offset? Sorry I know nothing about LSA's, but was just curious.
They use an offset pulley that moves the ribbed area back 3/4”. I’ll be listing the legit LSA drive accessories tonight that are fully adapted to a GTO, including the AC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts