LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm anxiously waiting for all my parts to arrive, I figured I would start a build thread.

Current Combo:
GMPP Ported LS3 Heads
226/232 .626/.626 112+2 LSA Cam
Pacesetter LT's/Catless Mids
SLP LMII Cat-Back
Ported LS3 Intake/TB
McLeod RXT Clutch/Flywheel
Hinson 1-Piece DS
Hinson Motor/Trans Mounts

Parts Ordered:
Boost District LSA Swap Kit
FID 850cc Injectors
DW300c Fuel Pump
Upgraded Heat Exchanger
Awespeed LSA OTR
LS7 MAF

Parts Needed Still:
Cobalt MAP Sensor
Crank Pin Kit
Random Hoses and other stuff I might need

I will be keeping my current cam for now, I know it's not ideal but it should do ok for the time being. I plan on building a shortblock next winter, so I'll probably hold off until then and have one custom spec'd. I'll also be doing a TH400 swap at that time as well.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'm also contemplating the LSA kit, although it would be about a year away. So I'm anxious to see this thread progress.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm excited to see this because I've been contemplating ordering the LSA kit from Boost District. The one thing that bothers me is they sell the kit with the CTS-V lid. Do they offer an option to get the ZL1 lid instead?
They offer it with a ZL1 lid for extra $$ but they warn that it won't clear the stock hood. You need lowering mounts and to notch the stock hood bracing to even fit the cts-v lid

·
Registered
159 Posts
Since I'm anxiously waiting for all my parts to arrive, I figured I would start a build thread.

Current Combo:
GMPP Ported LS3 Heads
226/232 .626/.626 112+2 LSA Cam
Pacesetter LT's/Catless Mids
SLP LMII Cat-Back
Ported LS3 Intake/TB
McLeod RXT Clutch/Flywheel
Hinson 1-Piece DS
Hinson Motor/Trans Mounts

Parts Ordered:
Boost District LSA Swap Kit
FID 850cc Injectors
DW300c Fuel Pump
Upgraded Heat Exchanger
Awespeed LSA OTR
LS7 MAF

Parts Needed Still:
Cobalt MAP Sensor
Crank Pin Kit
Random Hoses and other stuff I might need

I will be keeping my current cam for now, I know it's not ideal but it should do ok for the time being. I plan on building a shortblock next winter, so I'll probably hold off until then and have one custom spec'd. I'll also be doing a TH400 swap at that time as well.
Very nice! I've got the same kit from Boost District sitting in my garage till I get around to doing the clutch on my '06, only I'll be using the stock 243 heads with the adapter plates.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What cam is that exactly?> Specs seem a bit off for an lsa setup.
Assume youre gonna stay on pump gas with that pump.
Unfortunately, we don't have many E85 stations up here so yes it will be 93 Octane pump gas.

The cam is an N/A cam, so it's not ideal for a PD blower. I'm planning on changing it eventually, but for now I'm going to run it and see what happens.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm excited to see this because I've been contemplating ordering the LSA kit from Boost District. The one thing that bothers me is they sell the kit with the CTS-V lid. Do they offer an option to get the ZL1 lid instead?
I've been eying them for a while, it was either this or the new Huron Speed Turbo, but I was impatient and decided to go this route. You can upgrade to the ZL1 lid, but you will need a cowl hood for it to fit. I think it's a $300-350 upgrade.

I'm also contemplating the LSA kit, although it would be about a year away. So I'm anxious to see this thread progress.
I've been watching some other builds on the facebook groups, they seem to do pretty well. I'm hoping for around 600whp, all depends how my cam interacts with boost.

Very nice! I've got the same kit from Boost District sitting in my garage till I get around to doing the clutch on my '06, only I'll be using the stock 243 heads with the adapter plates.
Nice! Already having the LS3 heads was a main factor for going this route. Not a fan of the adapters, but people are doing just fine and making plenty of power with them.

What are you going with for a clutch?

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Unfortunately, we don't have many E85 stations up here so yes it will be 93 Octane pump gas.

The cam is an N/A cam, so it's not ideal for a PD blower. I'm planning on changing it eventually, but for now I'm going to run it and see what happens.
There are 3 in the state. Racing Mart in Noho or Mass Pike west bound at the Charlton rest area. Can’t remember the 3rd. I bought 5 Racing gas cans and a few bottles of e85 stabilizer so I can stock up as needed as I’m by both of them commonly.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are 3 in the state. Racing Mart in Noho or Mass Pike west bound at the Charlton rest area. Can’t remember the 3rd. I bought 5 Racing gas cans and a few bottles of e85 stabilizer so I can stock up as needed as I’m by both of them commonly.
I think the 3rd is down in Seekonk or that area.. I'm in Ashland, so none of them are local.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What are you going with for a clutch?
Going to be putting in a Mcleod RST clutch myself, the car never really sees any track time so it should hold up just fine. Roshan from Boost District claims even with a stock cam and heads, the car should be on the high side of 500s at the wheels.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Going to be putting in a Mcleod RST clutch myself, the car never really sees any track time so it should hold up just fine. Roshan from Boost District claims even with a stock cam and heads, the car should be on the high side of 500s at the wheels.
Nice! I loved the RST, unfortunately it wasn't the right choice for my application. I killed that thing in no time, but I track my car a lot.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I think the 3rd is down in Seekonk or that area.. I'm in Ashland, so none of them are local.
You should still size stuff up for it and install the flex fuel sensor. You will drive by the e85 pumps on the way to Lebanon Valley. The LSAs love e85.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You should still size stuff up for it and install the flex fuel sensor. You will drive by the e85 pumps on the way to Lebanon Valley. The LSAs love e85.
Yea, I've heard they do. I thought about doing the flex fuel thing, just didn't think it's worth it for me since the E85 pumps are so scarce. I've never been to LVD, I usually go to NED since it's 50 miles closer to me. I think LVD is 130+ miles each way from my house.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Nice to see some other guys that hit up LVD

·
The battle of wits has begun.
2,279 Posts
They offer it with a ZL1 lid for extra $$ but they warn that it won't clear the stock hood. You need lowering mounts and to notch the stock hood bracing to even fit the cts-v lid
... You can upgrade to the ZL1 lid, but you will need a cowl hood for it to fit. I think it's a $300-350 upgrade.
Clearly not an issue if you've seen my GTO. I'm willing to hack up my hood even further for shits and giggle.

But good to know! I've been on the fence about this because, either buy the whole kit from Boost District or buy the blower / refurbished blower and ZL1 lid from ZZperformance. Then find the required pieces: aka heat exchanger, heat exchanger pump. LSA fuel rails, fuel injectors, cathedral to rectangular port adapter plates, etc. Not sure if convenience (boost district) out ways the price savings (if there is one) of ZZperformance.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I haven't completely dug into the research behind pricing but from what I've seen it seems like the Boost District avenue is the way to go. I don't know if you could really get it cheaper and more conveniently.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I haven't completely dug into the research behind pricing but from what I've seen it seems like the Boost District avenue is the way to go. I don't know if you could really get it cheaper and more conveniently.
I love his “zero mile remanufactured” lol. He’s buying used blowers, and not changing the rotor pack. It’s got miles on it.

If you couldn’t buy it any cheaper, he wouldn’t be making money.

Used LSA ~$900
Used LSA Lid ~$420
China HX ~$200
Offset pulley setup ~$350
Bosch pump $100
Misc hoses, clamps, bolts, relocation harnesses $100
LSA Fuel rails ~$280
LSA injectors $250
LSA fuel rail clips $10
Adapter plates $170 (if needed)
Intake gaskets $45
Total: 2825ish
Profit: 875

If you want a cheap 580 rwhp, it can get you there.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can definitely piece it together and save some money. I have no patience for that, so I bought the kit, lol. I'd much rather spend the extra money and get a big box of parts that I can just open up and install.

I paid $4590 shipped for the kit with upgraded FID 850cc injectors and upgraded Heat Exchanger. He knocked off $115 because I didn't need the adapters or MAF breakout harness.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts