LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to buy a 35k mile old factory original LSA supercharger with a solid isolator and a griptech pulleyl for 900 bucks.

No lid and no fuel rails.

I don't care about the lid as I would run a ZL1 lid anyways but a little bummed it's not coming with fuel rails.

Any thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated. I know LSAs are not quite the bargain they once were.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,526 Posts
That's not a terrible price. I wish I bought some when they were cheap though....

·
Super Moderator
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Afroman. This deal is still not done but not over either. The owner travels alot and to boot the shop that put his Kong blower on is an hour from his house.

Just kinda being patient and playing it by ear.

·
The redheaded stepchild
675 Posts
$900 for an honest low mileage LSA is a steal these days. Brand new they are about $2k and they sell used anywhere from $1200-$1600 and they move constantly. People will blindly throw their money at a $1200 LSA. Lots of scamming and fraud on the ole FB using "cheap" LSAs as bait. You could flip it for a profit if you felt so inclined.

·
Super Moderator
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up pulling the trigger on it. It's half way here via UPS.

That was one reason I was so inclined to get this one as it would be an easy flipper if I decide not to use it, especially with the Griptech pulley on it.

I intend on putting this on my C5 using an Olson Kustom Works modified snout and pulley kit with his cathedral adapters. Should be a fun project for this fall.

I think I can do this for maybe a tick under 3500 bucks which is about half of what a TVS 2300 kit costs for a C5.

·
Super Moderator
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well she's here and barely survived the trip. I don't think the fella that shipped this thing has any inkling of anything mechanical. Thankfully the damage was minimal and she will survive. Gaskets got destroyed, the nanny valve got busted (don't need anyways) and the throttle body flange got every so slight smooshed on a corner (easily fixed with a flat file).

Got the snout removed and I am confident enough in this assembly to go ahead and move forward with shipping the snout off to Olson Kustom Works.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I did one last fall on my Wife's 09 G8. I used all new parts and a few were total overkill should the urge to lean on it more down the road ever strike us.

Blower
Cam
DoD delete
8 rib independent drive
ATI balancer
Trunion
Kooks
Borla
Fore Innovations 2x pump setup
ID1050 injectors
A few other odd's n ends.

We run 8psi, make right at 600 tire and my all in cost was around $12k including the dyno time. Car has been very reliable, fun, and easy to drive.

·
Super Moderator
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did one last fall on my Wife's 09 G8. I used all new parts and a few were total overkill should the urge to lean on it more down the road ever strike us.

Blower
Cam
DoD delete
8 rib independent drive
ATI balancer
Trunion
Kooks
Borla
Fore Innovations 2x pump setup
ID1050 injectors
A few other odd's n ends.

We run 8psi, make right at 600 tire and my all in cost was around $12k including the dyno time. Car has been very reliable, fun, and easy to drive.

Please tell me that part of that 12k was shop labor?

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Please tell me that part of that 12k was shop labor?

I did everything at home with the exception of the fuel system installation and the tune. It was Jan/Feb here in SD so trying to drive around data logging just wasn't all that practical. My shop bill was right at $4k. So, the price for parts lingered somewhere around $8,000.00.

The blower is an LSA/ZL1 setup.
Fuel system is Fore Innovations 2x pump return style good for 1200-ish on E85. Total overkill for this car, but like I said, headroom down the road should the urge ever strike to wind this thing up further.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts