LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Currently in the process of adding a boost district lsa supercharger on my 2006 M6 gto . Car currently has 215 edelbrock headS and vengeance racing vindicator cam. Swapping the cam for a blower cam curious as to what numbers people are putting down with LSA supercharged ls2 cars

specs for build
Vengeance racing VRPD-2 cam
Hell cat fuel pump
Gm flex fuel sensor
-6 return line
Edelbrock 215 heads currently on car
ARH long tube headers 1 7/8th in.
Boost district lsa kit
ZL1 lid
95lbs injectors
Mighty Mouse catch can wild

·
Super Moderator
15,353 Posts
This thread needs a lot of pretty pictures.

I am slowly working on an LS1 LSA supercharger setup. This will be on a C5 with TSP cnc ported 243s and a BTR 2 N/A cam.

I am not an expert LSA guy but I would think your combo on an LS2 at 10 psi should be up around 600 wheel. Maybe more.

Reactions: 562GOAT

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice build ! I’ll start posting some pictures soon .swapping the current vindicator cam shaft for a vrpd-2 vengeance cam according to the tuner so the car doesn’t loose boost through the exhaust with the current cam . Also going e85 and making the system have a return line

·
Registered
87 Posts
Would there be any advantage of swapping out a Magnacharger MP122HH for an LSA unit? What's the power limit of them on pump gas? The TVS 2650 is interesting, but I'd imagine you'd need a different hood for that to fit?

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Would there be any advantage of swapping out a Magnacharger MP122HH for an LSA unit? What's the power limit of them on pump gas? The TVS 2650 is interesting, but I'd imagine you'd need a different hood for that to fit?
Boost district has stated the 2650 doesnt fit under the hood which is unfortunate

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea for sure a different hood that’s one problem! with the ctsv lid you can keep the stock hood with minor modifications . I am going to run a ZL1 lid so I’m looking for a carbon fiber cowl hood but can’t really find any in stock other than fiberglass . The 2650 can make power ! I’m going to run the 1.9 because with the stock bottom end the hp numbers are limited.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
06 M6 GTO, BoostDistrict LSA kit with upgraded HX, CTSV lid with reinforced brick, BTR PDS stage 3 torque cam and kit, Trunnion upgrade, DSX flex sensor, FIC 1000 shorty injectors, DW300C drop in pump, UPP aux fuel system, Kooks longtubes, Highflow catted mids, Magnaflow 3" cat back competition system, BoostDistrict 4" intake with LS7 MAF card.
Made 610rwhp on E85 and 576rwhp on 92 octane on an 80 degree day.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bass ass ! I’ll start posting up more soon everything came in from boost district this week except the actual blower. Question on the lid did you feel the zl1 lid was not worth it ? Some argue for or against it . Also are you still running a return less fuel system ?

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
06 M6 GTO, BoostDistrict LSA kit with upgraded HX, CTSV lid with reinforced brick, BTR PDS stage 3 torque cam and kit, Trunnion upgrade, DSX flex sensor, FIC 1000 shorty injectors, DW300C drop in pump, UPP aux fuel system, Kooks longtubes, Highflow catted mids, Magnaflow 3" cat back competition system, BoostDistrict 4" intake with LS7 MAF card.
Nvm in fuel system I missed that part what made you go with the upp kit ?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Recommended by my tuner and a couple other people.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I had put an LS7 Clutch in a couple months before I did the upgrades. It's actually holding up really well. I have a little over 10k miles since the LSA and stuff was installed

Reactions: 562GOAT

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had put an LS7 Clutch in a couple months before I did the upgrades. It's actually holding up really well. I have a little over 10k miles since the LSA and stuff was installed
Nice that’s what I’m currently running on hci setup but it’s slipping already I can’t decide what clutch to go with with the lsa set up . Car was never a track car weekend cruise but track is the plan now so not sure how it will hold up . Any big issues pop up with the lsa set up ?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
No issues at all. Been running great. And even with the cam and all, if I'm not romping on it, I'm averaging 19MPG on 92 octane. E-85 I average about 15... My commute is about 25 miles each way highway and about 10 each way surface streets.
When it comes time to do my clutch, I'm going to do the Monster dual disc.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No issues at all. Been running great. And even with the cam and all, if I'm not romping on it, I'm averaging 19MPG on 92 octane. E-85 I average about 15... My commute is about 25 miles each way highway and about 10 each way surface streets.
When it comes time to do my clutch, I'm going to do the Monster dual disc.
Nice I have no complaints on the ls7 clutch it’s been on a few years has a lot of nitrous pulls and just now started slipping car made 553 with a 100 shot .

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Nice I have no complaints on the ls7 clutch it’s been on a few years has a lot of nitrous pulls and just now started slipping car made 553 with a 100 shot .
sweet

·
Super Moderator
15,353 Posts
Ordered my ZL1 lid from Roshan yesterday. Seems to be the only dude left on earth that has them actually in stock and has not DOUBLED the price.

While I didn't order a whole kit from him obviously, I hope to do a bit more business with him to finish up this project.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ordered my ZL1 lid from Roshan yesterday. Seems to be the only dude left on earth that has them actually in stock and has not DOUBLED the price.

While I didn't order a whole kit from him obviously, I hope to do a bit more business with him to finish up this project.
Yea man people are selling those for double if not more . I received the lid and ls2-ls3 adapter plates pump harness and rails still waiting into the actual blower though

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Just installed the new forge star d5 drag pack ram into rub issues in the rear . Now time to install the lsa kit by boost district all parts are in

1 - 20 of 24 Posts