LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my LSA install the other day, so far, so good. Im hoping with my mods and this kit I'll get high 600 low 700 on e85.
This is a relatively easy swap imo. Especially with the kit from boost district. I'll add more pics as I go.

·
LS9 FTW
230 Posts
Looking good! Keep us updated on progress and your thoughts on the kit.

What supporting mods? LS3 style heads or adapter plates? Hood mods?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has ported 243s with a tourqer v2 cam, Headers, ect. I've also upgraded the fuel system. I have a carbon creations hood, but I'm still going to have to trim underneath the hood to make the zl1 lid.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Is e85 the best for going boosted or can you run pump gas? How much HP/TQ does e85 yield over pump gas? For the money, LSA looks like a great option.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is e85 the best for going boosted or can you run pump gas? How much HP/TQ does e85 yield over pump gas? For the money, LSA looks like a great option.
E85 allows you to run more timing without detonation, you can gain anywhere from 10hp to 50hp depending on your setup. Lsa superchargers love e85 as do most cars running boost.

·
Registered
179 Posts
With e85 and that Zl1 lid you could probably hit that 700 mark. My LSA setup made around 600 wheel on pump with 823 heads but I have the CTS-V lid. Of course dynos can show pretty different numbers depending on if its a dynojet or a mustang dyno. Regardless you're really going to enjoy the extra power!

·
Super Moderator
11,415 Posts
Looking forward to hearing your progress reports.

What was it like working with Boost District? did you buy everything from them?

I am looking at them for a C5 Corvette kit.

LSAs don't seem to quite be the bang for the buck they were say two years ago.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Boostdistrict sells both LSA and TVS kits. TVS is more. Brand new LSA kit for LS1 starts at $4250. Really would like to feel the boost, but for that money I could upgrade heads, intake, new cam, cai, pulleys, and rear end. There's a lot of money you can put into power adds for 4K. I guess boost does have its advantages, that instant burst of speed is awesome. Right?

·
Super Moderator
11,415 Posts
I already have heads, cam and longtubes. Looking for more and driveable. I've done the Centrifugal thing before and it's great for shooting a peak number.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Boostdistrict sells both LSA and TVS kits. TVS is more. Brand new LSA kit for LS1 starts at $4250. Really would like to feel the boost, but for that money I could upgrade heads, intake, new cam, cai, pulleys, and rear end. There's a lot of money you can put into power adds for 4K. I guess boost does have its advantages, that instant burst of speed is awesome. Right?
Prolly overall speed. Max effort builds won’t be matched with any fi build. I’d rather put 20lbs on a stock motor.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looking forward to hearing your progress reports.

What was it like working with Boost District? did you buy everything from them?

I am looking at them for a C5 Corvette kit.

LSAs don't seem to quite be the bang for the buck they were say two years ago.
The owner Roshan is a cool guy and will answer pretty much any question you have about an LSA build. I got my LSA kit from him at the end of 2017 and the kits have definitely gone up in price since then, but the reliability of an LSA is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I already have heads, cam and longtubes. Looking for more and driveable. I've done the Centrifugal thing before and it's great for shooting a peak number.
nice to see someone comment a little about having both. i think im leaning TVS in the future as i currently would like to keep the stock hood and wanted driveability.

·
Registered
179 Posts
nice to see someone comment a little about having both. i think im leaning TVS in the future as i currently would like to keep the stock hood and wanted driveability.
You can keep the stock hood with the CTS-V lid. I run Hinson lowering motor mounts and trimmed the hood slightly but it all clears. Longtubes, cam, and LSA make for a fun daily.

·
Super Moderator
11,415 Posts
I am making 420 wheel right now on an LS1. TSP CNC ported 243s and a tame BTR Stage 2 N/A cam.
I think the LSA would be a nice compromise for just goofing around on the street. I have no desire to do a turbo or centri. I would go big cubes before I did that.

·
LS9 FTW
230 Posts
You can keep the stock hood with the CTS-V lid. I run Hinson lowering motor mounts and trimmed the hood slightly but it all clears. Longtubes, cam, and LSA make for a fun daily.
Stock LS2 heads with the adapter plates?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Stock LS2 heads with the adapter plates?
823 LS3 heads. I've been told that the adapter plates would still let the blower clear the stock hood but I buddy of mine ruined a hood trying to go that route on his goat and it definitely wouldn't have cleared mine either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Installed a new waterpump and new ac compresser, dryer and condenser today. Ended up using a 97 inch belt, with the idler pulley sent with the kit. Here's hoping i dont have any slip with a ac delco tensioner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
700? I’d like to see that.
Considering thers a gto local to me that has the same exact mods as I do, making 670 hp on 93.. it's not out of the realm of possibilities. I'm not going to be disappointed if I'm around even that tbh.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts