LS1GTO Forums banner

Lseats color Swatch comparison

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rich-Tripower 
#1 ·
I have the dreaded seat issue common on the GTO and while I've seen a lot of seat cover options from a few diff companies and local shops I didn't see anyone break down what colors work best for the stock red replacement.

I ordered a leather color Swatch sample from lseats.com and took some pics in the garage last night but they didn't really come out clear due to lighting issues so I did a video today and hope this might help someone else to save time ordering and paying for leather color swatches to find out what option works best. Here's a link to the video

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Was looking into Lseat myself. Glad to see the color seems pretty good. How did this turn out for you? Did you also do the headcovers? How did they fit/look?

#4 ·
If the existing leather is still okay (looks okay in the video) you can just stitch up the seams. To me, this would make most sense. I've done such repairs on the rear seat covers and it's been 10+ years and they still look fine. Once you get the covers off treat them heavily from the back side with whatever leather conditioner you prefer, I like Lexol, and let them sit for a day or two and then using UV resistant thread stitch them back up using the existing thread holes. I suspect the thread holes are fine since it is almost always the thread that breaks, not the leather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.