LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious as to how hot the long tube headers were making it inside the car..or if people were putting in heat shields when doing this install.

Are there the usual LT clearance problems like the mustangs when going over bumps ect ect.....?

Anybody using the stock exhaust with the LT's? If so, is it that much louder?

Thanks
Nick

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
No problems here. I don't notice any additional heat in the car.

The only clearance issue is with the steering rack (which needs to be dropped to get the driver's side on), once it's together, it's very close. Just enough space to allow air inbetween. I'm using the stock tubing but Magnaflow mufflers in place of the stockers.

If you do a search for a post by me around 6/29 you can hear mine on the dyno being tuned. SW L.T.'s and the Magnaflows.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have the lt's and stock exhaust but I also have heads, and cam. At 1k to 3k rpm the car is only slightly louder than stock, not bad at all. Above 3K the car just screams.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
I've got SW LT's and stock exhaust. Inside the car it is a little louder while going through the gears, but not much.When cruising it is not noticable. When you get on it, it sounds really deep and muscular. Now on the outside, that's another story. When you really romp on it, it sounds AWESOME! Quite a bit louder than stock. I have had quite a few compliments on the sound from kids to an old man who flagged me down to tell me that "Your car should does sound Fine"

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
But none of you are running LTs, cats and stock cat-back, right? Is anyone here? Just checking/curious. I'm toying with that idea.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
gto_in_nc said:
But none of you are running LTs, cats and stock cat-back, right? Is anyone here? Just checking/curious. I'm toying with that idea.
Mine has cats, but they're not stock. They're Random Tech Hi-flow.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
You can not run stock cats with the LT's. 3"ers only. A lot of people like the sound of LT's w/ stock Cat back. I would love to hear the system w/ the random tech cats. But I fear the HP loss.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts