LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our lug pattern is 5 x 120mm, and a Camaro or Firebird is 5 x 4.75in. So if you convert 4.75 inch [international, U.S.] = 120.65 millimeter, does that .65 of a millimeter hurt us or make that much of a difference? Let me know what you all think. How big is .65millimeters? Small I would think.

Thanks guys

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
jrwood said:
Our lug pattern is 5 x 120mm, and a Camaro or Firebird is 5 x 4.75in. So if you convert 4.75 inch [international, U.S.] = 120.65 millimeter, does that .65 of a millimeter hurt us or make that much of a difference? Let me know what you all think. How big is .65millimeters? Small I would think.

Thanks guys
We have this thing called the Search button around here. This issue has been discussed practically since the day the first Goat came off the boat. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
The bottom line is some say yes and others say no.
:drink::drink:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
powrtrippin said:
Wow, I wasn't aware we had reached the level of assheadedness expressed in this post....

Here is the answer to your question:

http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1769&highlight=lug+pattern
Well, it just depends on the mood I'm in when I make a reply. Normally, I'm a really nice guy. However, I'm pretty sure there's someplace that says to try searching about something before you post. And the fact is, the lug nut thing has been beaten to death for months and STILL there are no concrete answers.

My personal opinion - if you want to put on wheels that are the wrong size, be my guest. But if you break your lugs or your suspension or anything related, don't expect to get warranty service.

·
Registered
430 Posts
As has been said, they will fit, but if you're doing 120mph and a lug breaks, don't come crying, you've been warned. Yes, .65mm makes a huge difference when you're talking about a large rotating mass being balanced and mounted to another smaller rotating mass. In addition, the 5 attachment points (lugs) are supporting the weight of the car. If you lose one, the other 4 have to take up the load.

Would a NASCAR race car use a wheel that was .65mm off on the bolt circle? Hell no. Now you're going to say that your car isn't subjected the stresses a race car is. True, but then they only have to last 500 miles while yours has to last 100,000 miles, so in the long run yours will be more stressed.

This car was based on the Opel chassis, which is European. The bolt circle is 5x120mm, not 5x4.75 inches. The end.

·
Registered
152 Posts
phobos512 said:
Well, it just depends on the mood I'm in when I make a reply. Normally, I'm a really nice guy. However, I'm pretty sure there's someplace that says to try searching about something before you post. And the fact is, the lug nut thing has been beaten to death for months and STILL there are no concrete answers.

My personal opinion - if you want to put on wheels that are the wrong size, be my guest. But if you break your lugs or your suspension or anything related, don't expect to get warranty service.
Not meant as a personal shot to you but I am a member of a lot of sites and everyone of them has the crew that screams "search button" everytime someone asks a question. To see that post dissappoints me, I thought for some time we were better than that. Guess not. :(

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
powrtrippin said:
Not meant as a personal shot to you but I am a member of a lot of sites and everyone of them has the crew that screams "search button" everytime someone asks a question. To see that post dissappoints me, I thought for some time we were better than that. Guess not. :(
I don't profess to be better than anyone. That's why I am. LOL.

Just kidding. The search button is a great tool. I think people should use it more often. What sets us apart from other websites is that while on other websites people call each other ***s and whatever other derogatory things people can come up with, here we help each other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts