LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 17 inch M/t drag radials that are FANTASTIC !
Is there anyone that makes an 18inch drag radials as good as M/T
That way I don't have to keep switching tires

·
110% Stock... :D
2,085 Posts
Smitty's05GTO said:
BFG makes a good drag radial... but not as good for traction as the MTs, IMO
I agree, though from what I read the BFG's seem to be more DD friendly. I'm happy with the BFG's for DD, though I'll probably get some MT's for the track.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Unknown said:
I agree, though from what I read the BFG's seem to be more DD friendly. I'm happy with the BFG's for DD, though I'll probably get some MT's for the track.
You do DD with BFG drag radials? How many miles do you have on them? How many more miles do you plan to go with that pair?

·
Need To Drive More
1,475 Posts
Venom said:
You do DD with BFG drag radials? How many miles do you have on them? How many more miles do you plan to go with that pair?
I do, albeit, I dont drive very far.

There are approximately 2K miles on my BFG DR's.

They are pretty much wasted. Plan on a new set next month. Will put on the street rim/tires since the weather is turning.

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
I'll be buying MTs.

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
I have some BFG's right now, but i'll be buying some MT's after these wear out.:gears:

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
I just ordered some bfg's. For $321 shipped I couldnt pass.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
ToddO said:
I would like to know how the Hoosiers are.
they are ok better than nittos close to MT's

my next set is QUICK Time Pro but they are bias, and they get a bad name on this site because people cant drive:madsign3: they think they can take corners like street tires

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
ShaneD_06GTO said:
I just ordered some bfg's. For $321 shipped I couldnt pass.
i got MT Dr's off Ebay from Summit for about the same, they listed the same, but thier Ebay shipping was like $8 a tire

·
All Motor 11 Second Club
1,347 Posts
I have MT 17s and but use BFG 18s for as my driving tire. I have taken both to the track.

THe MT 17s are at least a tenth better 60 foot. The BFG 18s are much more drivable in handling.

·
Registered
644 Posts
fwiw, my M/T drag radials in 275/50/15 size weighed 9 lbs EACH more than my BFG drag radials in the same size! For me, I was trying to get the weight down on the car, especially rotating weight. I ran these tires on the T/A's...

For my goat, that's why I chose the BFG 235/60/15 drag radials. If you can hook with the BFG, I would opt for that. But I do agree with the others that the M/T's hook better. I could drive the M/T's on the street and get them to hook in my stalled LT1.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Who is selling the Goodyears?

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
rico750sxi said:
Who is selling the Goodyears?
i think summit shows them in stock now

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I use the Nitto drags, not quite as grippy as the above mentioned, but will last 10,000 miles of street and mild strip use.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts